- An Opinion Survey of a Regional Union Group. Davis, Keith; St. Germain, Edward E. // Journal of Applied Psychology;Oct52, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p285
This article discusses the results of an opinion survey of 140 members of a labor union in the U.S. in 1951. The survey found that employees were reasonably satisfied with their union and their employers, which reflected many years of cooperation. However, an important minority ranging from 21...
- Can we talk? Sympson, Ron // Restaurant Business;3/1/95, Vol. 94 Issue 4, p58
Discusses secondary issues that affect labor turnover in the United States food service industry as cited in `Restaurant Business' magazine's Employers of Choice awards. Failure of employers to address employee concerns; Correlation between employee attitudes and their propensity to leave; Pay...
- Caught in the act. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/1/2009, Vol. 199 Issue 4575, p34
The article provides an answer to a question on what an employer should do if an employee has been caught behaving in a way that could compromise their contract of employment.
- Management basics. // America's Network;2/15/97, Vol. 101 Issue 4, p76
Presents the results of a survey conducted among 358 companies in the United States defining the shortcomings of their top-level managers. Percentage of respondents citing poor communication skills; Importance of company's interpersonal relationships with its employees.
- Do you trust your boss? Lang, Mark // Adweek Western Edition;08/24/98, Vol. 48 Issue 34, p17
Cites a survey of `Maxim' magazine readers concerning their assessments of their bosses. Percentage of respondents who do not trust their bosses; Attitudes of employees toward their superiors; Number one means of payback.
- The politics of golf. Dolliver, Mark // Adweek Western Edition;08/10/98, Vol. 48 Issue 32, p16
Discusses the politics of golf in the United States. Use of golf in the advertising of nongolf products; Political affiliation of golfers.
- Workers to Vote on Kroger Proposal. // SN: Supermarket News;1/10/2005, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p8
Reports that members of United Food and Commercial Workers Local 7 in Denver, Colorado, will vote in January 2005 on whether they would agree to have a federal mediator draw up a new labor contract. Information on Kroger's proposal; Regions in California that did not participate in Kroger's...
- Follow the leader. Smith, Wendy; Whettingsteel, Heidi // Director;Jun99, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p19
Presents information on a survey conducted by Smythe Dorward Lambert (SDL) company on British worker's views on their bosses. Survey results; Comments from executives at SDL; Advice for senior managers.
- Demystifying employee expectations. NANDI, PADMA RAJESHWARI // Human Capital;Jun2013, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p58
The article offers the author's insight on the importance of employee engagement (EE) in a business. The author states that high level of employee engagement can lead to high level of employee retention, customer satisfaction, and effective financial performance. She says that professional...