Walker Percy and the Christian Scandal
- Identity, Abortion and Walker Percy. Short, Edward // Human Life Review;Summer2008, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p76
The author reflects on the views of Walker Percy over abortion and human identity. He gives a detailed narrative of Percy's life and thinking. The author focuses on the philosophies of Percy which considered the widespread and ongoing devaluation of human life under various sentimental disguises...
- For Walker Percy: 1916-90. Horgan, P. // America;5/11/1991, Vol. 164 Issue 18, p508
Pays tribute to author Walker Percy. His book `The Moviegoer' championed by Jean Stafford and her husband A.J. Liebling; His first novel `The Thanatos Syndrome'; Memory of his presence at an Academy/Institute awards committee meeting.
- To die in New Orleans. O'Laughlin, M. // Commonweal;5/17/91, Vol. 118 Issue 10, p321
Reflects on the life and art of writer Walker Percy. Depiction of Louisiana in Percy's works; Philosophical beliefs; Impact of Percy's books on the author; More.
- Walker Percy, 1916-1990. Simpson, Lewis P. // Southern Review;Autumn90, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p924
Pays tribute to Walker Percy, physician, who contracted tuberculosis (TB). How he contracted the illness; How he was unable to benefit from the advances in the treatment of TB.
- Jefferson Lecture in the humanities. // America;5/20/1989, Vol. 160 Issue 19, p469
Reports on the 18th Jefferson Lecture in the Humanities, given by Walker Percy, entitled `The Fateful Rift: The San Andreas Fault in the Modern Mind.'
- Walker Percy (1916-90). // America;5/26/1990, Vol. 162 Issue 20, p515
Eulogizes the late novelist Walker Percy, M.D. Background; Percy's novels; Essays on the theory of language; Reception of the Campion Medal in 1986; Description of the Mass of Resurrection for Percy.
- The newswatcher. Desmond, J.F. // Commonweal;6/15/90, Vol. 117 Issue 12, p376
Recounts the author's memories of the late author Walker Percy. Reflections on how Percy would have responded to a six o'clock national news report; How his imagined responses portray aspects of Percy's character.
- Exempla VIII. Edwards Jr., O.C. // Anglican Theological Review;Fall90, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p442
Pays tribute to author Walker Percy. Memorable recollection on Percy; Career as a novelist; Works published.
- A whiff of something lethal. Yancey, P. // Christianity Today;10/22/90, Vol. 34 Issue 15, p72
Opinion. Surveys the works of writer Walker Percy. Philosophical essays and novels; Percy's views on the state of the world; Analysis of the human soul.