Gaither Exits TV One
- Pride in Branding. Clemens, Luis // Multichannel News;6/11/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 24, pA8
The article focuses on Susan Banks, head of marketing and creative services at U.S.-based cable television company TV One. The company's sales executive vice president Keith Bowen said that "Banks meets that intersection between what a client's brand needs and how the brand lives in the...
- One more choice. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;4/4/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 14, pSR42
Presents an interview with Johnathan Rodgers, president and CEO of the cable network TV One for African Americans, about the accomplishments and goals of the network. Company background; Information on the television programming concept of the network; Career background of Rodgers.
- TV One Taps Lifestyles. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;3/15/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p22
Reports on the creation of television shows by cable service TV One that cater to African American lifestyle as of March 15, 2004. Lifestyle-based television shows slated for the network during the second quarter of 2004; Program choices to be provided by the network, according to Lee Gaither,...
- Pride in Branding. Clemens, Luis // Broadcasting & Cable;6/11/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 24, pA8
The article presents a profile of Susan Banks, vice president for marketing for TV One, a cable television network aimed at African American viewers. Company head Jonathan Rodgers was so eager to lure Banks away from her former employer CBS he lobbied Banks' mother to persuade her. Banks is...
- Will Good Times Roll for TV One? Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;1/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p3
Reports on the launch of the TV One cable television (TV) station in the U.S. on January 19, 2003. Number of analog subscribers secured by TV One; Role of Comcast Corp. in the TV network; Percentage of digital-cable penetration among African-American viewers.
- Defying the Odds With an Older Skew. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;2/7/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p29
Presents updates on African-American-oriented cable television network TV One as of February 7, 2005. Lifestyle shows being featured by the network; Significance of DirecTV Inc. as its third media company investor; Information on its video-on-demand service to be launched by network.
- TV One: Filling a Gap In 32 Million Homes. // Multichannel News;12/18/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 50, p33
An interview with Johnathan Rodgers, president and chief executive officer of TV One company is presented. When asked how they will accommodate the additional one million subscribers, he said that it will through Echostar Communications Corp. and Cablevision Systems Corp. He believed that after...
- Will Eyre's departure herald a downturn for ITV? Reed, Alasdair // Campaign (UK);11/12/99, Issue 45, p18
Features industry leaders' views about Richard Eyre's departure as chief executive of ITV cable television network. Contributions made to the success of the network; Eyre's role in persuading ITV companies to increase program budgets; Challenges facing the network in its search for Eyre's...
- TBS sr. veep Head ankles originals arm. Grego, Melissa // Daily Variety;02/16/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 55, p9
Reports that Jim Head, senior vice president of original programming for TBS Superstation, has resigned from the company to pursue other opportunities. Plans by TBS to eliminate Head's position after his exit; Career background of Head; Employment background of Head with TBS.