CNN Preps Subsciption Broadband Video Service
- Pop, Culture, No TV: NBCU Pulls the Plug on Trio. Brady, Shirley // CableFAX Daily;11/22/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 227, p1
The article reports on the plan of cable television network NBCU Cable to re-launch Q1 as broadband-only entity at Bravo.Com in the U.S. The network's rival Trio has licensed original content opposite to its television brand.
- Revamps. // CableFAX Daily;2/14/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 30, p2
Presents updates on cable television broadcasting changes in the U.S. as of February 14, 2006. Relaunch of the program "Men's Outdoors & Recreation" by The Men's Channel; Changes in the information bar of CNN International.
- NOXIOUS NEWSIES. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;10/5/2007, Vol. 297 Issue 5, p1
The article reports on the competition among cable news networks, Fox News, CNN and MSNBC. The crew of Fox News' "Fox and Friends" has criticized CNN's "God's Warrior" series calling it anti-Semitic. The CNN documentary has beaten Fox News on the ratings all three nights that it was aired. Fox...
- Maximizing revenue opportunity in the metro. Ozveren, Cuneyt // CED;Mar2004, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p46
Focuses on revenue opportunity for cable television operators in fiber optic technology in the U.S. Importance of integrated, intelligent and application-aware architecture; Bandwidth capacity of optical access technologies.
- In the Media. // CableFAX Daily;4/3/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 63, p2
Presents updates in the cable industry in the U.S. as of April 3, 2006. Information on the celebrity chess tournament to be produce by ESPN; Move of Movielink to released the film "Brokeback Mountain" via broadband.
- Broadband Paves Way for Broader Web Media Use. Miller, Jeff // Television Week;5/28/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p9
The author comments on the impact of broadband on Web media, cable and broadcast television (TV). He relates the concerns of cable and broadcast television in line with the emergence of broadband. He explores the competition posed by video producers to cable TV networks. He advises cable...
- Competition. // CableFAX Daily;10/4/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 192, p1
Presents an update on the U.S. cable television industry, as of October 4, 2005. Addition of Scripps Networks to the list of cable television networks signing deals with Scripps' FiOS TV; Completion of the 1st city-wide commercial deployment of broadband over powerline technology in Manassas,...
- Viewers Now Programmers. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;11/7/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p1
This article focuses on the user-generated content offered by cable networks on their broadband sites. Television executives are starting to cede some control of their programming to consumers. Cable programmers Lifetime and Comedy Central, for example, will offer user-generated content on their...
- Cable Is Getting Ready To Enter the 'Gigasphere'. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;5/5/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p4
The article reports that the cable industry will be adopting a new marketing brand to mark its entry into the Gigabit era. Gigasphere will replace the technical term DOCSIS 3.1 which stands for Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification which represents the cable industry's D3.1...