Job agencies criticised for `appalling' staff treatment
- Dutiful people. Faulkner, Keith // People Management;2/11/1999, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p29
Provides information on employment agencies in Europe. Views of Ian McCartney, minister of Great Britain Department of Trade and Industry; Factors that lead to the flexibility and responsibility of employment agencies; Significance of labor markets in developing countries; Manpower policies of...
- Simplified Legislation for Dormant Companies. // Credit Control;1999, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p3
Reports that Ian McCartney, Minister of State at the Department of Trade and Industry in Great Britain, has issued a consultation document outlining proposals to ease the statutory burdens on dormant companies. Definition of dormant companies; Overview of the proposed simplification measures;...
- McCartney admits firms are not paying into stakeholder. Boles, Corey // Money Marketing;2/6/2003, p8
Reports on the admission of pensions minister Ian McCartney that a significant proportion of employers have set up a stakeholder pension scheme simply to comply with the law but are not making contributions. Failure of stakeholder to increase pension savings; Percentage of policies sold to...
- Guidelines for trustees. // Money Marketing;6/20/2002, p13
Reports on the publication of an independent set of guidelines to help new and existing pension trustees in Great Britain. View of pensions minister Ian McCartney on the guidelines; Objective of the guidelines; Significance to those who dedicate their time to overseeing the running of their...
- DTI rejects hard targets on tribunals. Welch, Jilly // People Management;06/17/99, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p14
Presents information on the selection and appointment of representatives to employment tribunals in Great Britain. Comments from Ian McCartney, minister of state for the Department of Trade and Industry; View of Janet Gaymer, head of employment law at the firm Simmons & Simmons; Information on...
- WILL YOU MULCH ME? O'Neill, Molly // New Yorker;8/13/2001, Vol. 77 Issue 23, p26
Reports that Seattle, Washington food expert John Rowley has requested garbage as gifts for his wedding. Reason for Rowley's request; Gifts sent by Rowley's friends for the wedding; Symbolic function of the wedding compost that will be built by Rowley for the wedding.
- Man who killed mother not guilty. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;6/5/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 133, pA3
The article reports on the decisions of Tompkins County Judge John Rowley to plead not guilty to a man who beat his 53-year-old mother based on psychotic findings in Ithaca, New York in 2010.
- A true character of the industry. Johnson, Paul // Commercial Motor;1/14/2016, Vol. 225 Issue 5670, p18
An obituary for John Rowley of logistic firm Rowley Transport Services is presented.
- Adaptability to work. Mathieson, Hamish // People Management;03/05/98, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p59
Focuses on the British government's industrial relations policy as outlined by Ian McCartney, minister of state for the Department of Trade and Industry, in his keynote address to a personnel management seminar hosted by the Manchester Metropolitan University. Government's focus on enhancing...