Critics Question Current's Focus
- Current Flows Forward. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;12/19/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 46, p8
The article reports on the move of former U.S. Vice President Al Gore to launch the Current television news network on August 1, 2005. The network is in 20 million homes on DirecTV and Time Warner systems and has attracted major advertisers. Gore and entrepreneur Joel Hyatt purchased the...
- Gore sets cable net in S.F. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;10/28/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 19, p4
Reports developments in the business operation of IndTV, the cable television network owned by Al Gore and Joel Hyatt, in California. Relocation of the company's headquarters from San Francisco to Bay Area; Reason behind the relocation; Appointment of David Neuman and Anne Zehren as news...
- That's Advertainment! Figler, Andrea // Cable World (10427228);9/23/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 35, p16
Reports on the trend in integrating advertising and entertainment in cable television. Plan of Brief Original Broadcasts to launch a digital channel; Creative work of Nike; Tests conducted on the pricing of the service. INSET: CLUTTER AS CONTENT.
- To Live and Watch Ads in L.A. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;5/19/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p20A
The article focuses on the variety of advertisements shown on cable television in the U.S. In the morning time zone, Fox News Channel and Cable News Network glued to coverage of a tainted mail scare out of Washington state. In USA Network, showing the theatrical Loser, there's a local spot for...
- Cable connects with advertisers. Cooper, Jim // Adweek Midwest Edition;09/20/99, Vol. 40 Issue 38, Media Outlook p38
Provides information on the condition of cable television industry. Projections for cable's future; Conclusion of Veronis, Suhler in its annual Communications Industry Forecast, a report on advertisers; Details on Veronis' report on the total day ratings for all of cable.
- Gore comes up a winner for cable net. Crabtree, Susan; McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;5/5/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 22, p1
Reports that former United States vice president Al Gore and business partner Joel Hyatt have closed a deal to buy the global-news cable television channel Newsworld International from Vivendi Universal SA. Plan by the buyers to overhaul the network to target young people with a wide range of...
- Cable Clutter on the Rise. Bachman, Katy // MediaWeek;9/15/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 33, p5
Presents information on a report from Court TV concerning the broadcasting of commercials and non-program messages during prime-time hours by U.S. cable and broadcast networks, as of September 2003. Average time of commercial clutter during a prime-time hour; Impact of clutters on negotiations...
- HBO READY TO HELP LI'L BUDDY CINEMAX. Dempsey, John // Variety;7/1/2002, Vol. 387 Issue 7, p16
Talks about the support given by cable television network Home Box Office (HBO) to its sister channel Cinemax, through advertisements in its network,in July 2002 in the U.S. Decline in the subscriber count of Cinemax; Percentage of pay-TV households in the U.S. which order HBO as their first...
- CABLE IS MAKING TV EVEN BETTER. Alter, Robert H. // USA Today Magazine;Jan90, Vol. 118 Issue 2536, p25
Examines the growth of cable television in the U.S. Advantages of cable television over network television; Factors for the growth of cable television; Reasons for advertisers' preference for cable over network television.