The Newtape File II
- Marketing miss thing. Halasa, M. // New Statesman & Society;7/19/91, Vol. 4 Issue 160, p30
Reviews the movie `Truth or Dare' (released in Britain as `In Bed With Madonna'), starring Madonna and directed by Alex Keshishian.
- Madonna down and dirty. Rohrer, T.D. // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;May91, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p65
Reveals the making of the documentary `Truth or Dare' about Madonna's life during her Blond Ambition tour. Directed by 25-year-old Alek Keshishian on the condition that he not be censored; Madonna invested nearly $4 million of her own money; Depicts women as they really are; Fast-paced,...
- Who does Madonna wanna be? Corliss, R. // Time;5/6/1991, Vol. 137 Issue 18, p62
Reviews Madonna's newest movie, `Truth or Dare,' a manipulator's self-portrait, unmediated by interviewers or pundits, raw, raunchy and epically entertaining, pure, unadulterated Madonna. Doting den mother, Mama Madonna, single parent; Radiating luxe, wit and common sense.
- Material whirl. Berliner, A. // People;5/20/91, Vol. 35 Issue 19, p36
Offers a look at the celebrities who attended the premiere of Madonna's personal documentary `Truth or Dare.'
- Film reviews. Golden, Eve // Films in Review;Jul/Aug91, Vol. 42 Issue 7/8, p261
Reviews the film `Truth or Dare,' starring Madonna, Kevin Costner and Warren Beatty, musical direction by Alek Keshishian.
- Film reviews. Rehlin, Gunnar // Variety;10/27/97, Vol. 368 Issue 12, p46
Reviews the motion picture `Truth or Dare,' directed by Christina Olofson and starring Tove Edfeldt, Alexandra Dahlstrom and Anna Gabrielsson.
- Madonna lets it all hang out. Ansen, D. // Newsweek;5/13/1991, Vol. 117 Issue 19, p66
Contends that one of the most fascinating things about the provocative new behind-the-scenes, film `Truth or Dare,' that documents Madonna's 1990 Blond Ambition concert tour, is the star's gift for revealing everything and nothing at the same time.
- The one secret Madonna won't tell. Wechsler, Pat; Friedman, Roger D. // New York;10/31/94, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p17
Reports on the exclusion of Robert Leacock and Barry Alexander Brown from the premiere of the documentary film `Truth or Dare,' starring Madonna and directed by Alek Keishishian. Comments from Leacock and Brown; Films that are being worked on by Leacock and Brown.
- Tomorrow coin dawns for 'Truth' Dunkley, Cathy // Daily Variety;06/01/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 66, p5
Reports on the commitment of Tomorrow Film Corp. to fully finance 'Truth or Dare: Note the Madonna Movie,' in turnaround from New Line Cinema in Los Angeles, California. Storyline of the film; Scriptwriters; Management of the worldwide sales right to the picture by Tomorrow.