Lafayette Votes for Muni
- Bandwidth on the Bayou. Perlman, Ellen // Governing;Aug2009, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p42
The article discusses the initiation of a fiber-optic broadband network in Lafayette, Louisiana which was set to improve the business, education and employment status of the community. Trials with BellSouth and Cox Communications and the complaints for overcharging which the government faced are...
- Cox tests tiers: two speeds, two prices. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;8/5/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p10
Reports the launching of a market trial by Cox Communications to test a tiered broadband pricing model in Connecticut. Launch of print and radio advertising to introduce the service; Price of the broadband service; Schedule for the widespread deployment of the service.
- Fuming over cable net service. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/27/99, Vol. 20 Issue 27, p41
Reports on the introduction of Cox Communications Inc.'s Cox@Home broadband service in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1999.
- Cox: Message About Data Overage Charge Was an 'Error' // Multichannel News;4/2/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p28
The article reports that the message to the website that overage fees will be billed for the excessive bandwidth usage of broadband customers every month was a mistake according to Cox Communications Inc.
- Cox sets the table for retail set-tops. // CED;Dec2002, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p10
Focuses on the creation of retail pump for digital set-tops by Cox Communications Inc. in the U.S. Features of the DCP501 Home Theater System; Products offered by Cox; Impact of Explorer 3100HD box on cable system.
- QOS as the new standard. Weber, Toby // Telephony;04/17/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 16, p28
Announces improvement in the offerings of BellSouth Corp.'s re-branded Internet business. Notable change in the company's portfolio; Moves to improve its broadband offerings; Offering for the introductory promotion.
- BellSouth Boosts Broadband Business. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;10/22/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 43, p28
Focuses on the Broadband business growth at BellSouth Corporation in the United States. Development projects of the corporation; Comment of Chris Parsons, BellSouth senior vice president of market development; Introduction of metropolitan gigabit Ethernet data service in Atlanta.
- Chris Bowick. Crupi, Anthony // Cable World (10427228);6/3/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 22, p16
Profiles cable professional Chris Bowick, chief technology officer and senior vice president of engineering of Cox Communications. Educational background; Achievements in the cable industry; His views on next-generation network architectures.
- Cox, Knology tap netcool for network monitoring. // CED;Mar2000, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p24
Reports on Cox Communications Inc. and Knology Inc.'s deployment of Micromuse Inc.'s Netcool suite of broadband network management tools. Goal to ensure that both companies get optimum service and customer service support; Reasons for using the Netcool software filters.