WWE, Blue Ridge Pin SVOD Sales
- Trio Adds to Sked, Needs More Subs. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;10/27/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 43, p18
Focuses on the efforts taken by cable television network Trio in keeping with its pop-culture theme. Theme of the network's television program "The Awards Show Awards Show"; Overview of television programing plans.
- Why Cable Originals Are Crucial. Brooks, Tim // Broadcasting & Cable;10/13/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 41, p42
Discusses the impact of original programming on cable television. History of cable programming; Information on several cable television programs; Distinction between cable and broadcast.
- Finding A Clean Solution. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;12/12/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 52, p3
The article deals with the possible problems that can be encountered by television cable operators planning to introduce family-oriented programs. If the programs are put on digital tier, subscribers will need boxes to decrypt the channels. Another problem is the demand of household concerning...
- Cable's Always on the Job. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p6A
Deals with cable television network programming. Advantage of cable networks over broadcast networks; Quality of television programming offered by cable television; Expectations on the performance of cable networks.
- Meeting the Demands of On-Demand. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;7/17/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 28, p20
Considers the use of the network digital video recording (DVR) technology in video-on-demand (VOD) TV programming. Key technology trends driving the on-demand platform; Components in which VOD functionality depends on; Advantages of the DVR technology to VOD subscribers; Business models used...
- The Education of Cable Marketers. Neel, K.C. // Cable World (10427228);7/14/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p10
Focuses on marketing by cable television operators in the U.S. as of July 2003. Views on marketing efforts of operators; Marketing campaigns launched by operators; Amount spent on marketing.
- For Sci Fi, the Future Is Everything. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;12/8/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 49, p12
Highlights the plans of cable network Sci Fi Channel to experiment with more original programming amid pending acquisition by NBC in 2004. Programs developed in an effort to draw additional viewers; Household rating of Sci Fi; Alternative programming being planned by the station.
- Animal Planet on the hunt for ratings. Oei, Lily // Variety;10/20/2003, Vol. 392 Issue 10, p23
Highlights the effort of the cable television network Animal Planet to expand its television programming. Background of Animal Planet; Overview of television programs in the network; Advertisers of Animal Planet.
- BREAKING . . . // Broadcasting & Cable;11/3/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 44, p5
Presents news briefs on the cable television industry in the U.S. as of November 11, 2003. Agreement signed by Nielsen Media Research Friday with Fox Television Group; Television programs acquired by TV One; Decision of Fox to change the schedule of reality show "The Next Joe Millionaire."