The Unmodern Jew
- Into the Heart of Kabbalah. Palmer, Louise Danielle // Spirituality & Health;2014 Soul/Body Connection, p34
The article offers an analysis of the essence of kabbalistic teachings of Rabbi Pinson. Several purposes of kabbalah include elevating people's consciousness, offering perception of the spiritual and attuning to the root of a person's soul. During the 12th century, "The Book of Illumination,"...
- Appendix 1 to Part Two TEACHERS OR RABBIS WHO WROTE OR COMPILED THE TALMUD AND THE MIDRASH. // Nuggets of Wisdom from Great Jewish Thinkers;1994, Vol. 14, p73
An appendix is presented regarding the teachers or rabbis who compiled and written the document Talmud and the supplemental writings called Midrash during the first several centuries of the common era.
- Ask an angry rabbi. Silow-Carroll, Andrew // New Jersey Jewish News;4/21/2011, Vol. 65 Issue 16, p14
The author discusses aspects of becoming a rabbi.
- Rashi and the First Crusade: Commentary, Liturgy, Legend. Sicherman, Harvey; Gevaryahu, Gilad J. // Judaism;Spring99, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p181
Discusses the life of Rabbi Solomon son of Isaac known as Rashi by his acronym who lived in 1040 to 1105 in Germany. Commentaries of Rashi on the Bible; Writings of Rashi that mentions the massacre of Jews during the first crusade of the Christians to recover Palestine from Muslims; Knowledge of...
- What makes someone a "real" rabbi? // Moment Magazine;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p24
The article provides answers to a question on what makes someone a real rabbi such as one on the teachings and learning of an individual, one on teaching how to be a real community, and not separating herself from the community.
- A Worldly Mind: Natural History and the Experience of Consciousness. Kuberski, Philip // Substance: A Review of Theory & Literary Criticism;2000, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p7
Deals with the scientific and philosophical explanations on how to bridge the gap between brain and mind. Discussion on the mind-body problem; Definition of consciousness; Details on cartesianism.
- An Interview with Larry Dossey, M.D. // Subconsciously Speaking;Feb1994, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p5
No abstract available.
- What is property P, anyway? Worley, Sara // Analysis;Jan2000, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p58
Examines the nature of property P, the property that explains the nature of consciousness. Role of property P in understanding the mind-and-body relationship; Comparison of the interpretation of property P between authors C. McGinn and J. Garvey; Role of the requisite links between the physical...
- Introducing Connections. Franklin, Wink // Connections (10967303);Sep97, Issue 1, p2
No abstract available.