Cox San Diego Spurs Movie Buys
- Virginia Subs Sue Cox Over Modem Fee. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;02/12/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p1
Reports the suit filed against Cox Communications Inc. on the assessment of cable modem revenue in Virginia. Contentions against Cox; Issue of the case whether the company service is a telecommunication or an information service; Decision of the court on the Cox service.
- Cox Expects to Boost RGU Growth in 2002. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;2/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p27
Reports the strategy implemented to improve the revenue-generating units of Cox Communications Inc. in the U.S. Instability of digital growth; Increase in the number of telephony subscribers; Deployment of broadband assistance.
- Business. Randall, Laura // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;03/21/2000, Vol. 362 Issue 14, p60
Presents a roundup of news pertaining to the film and television industry, as of March 21, 2000. Cox Communications Inc.'s sale of its 13 percent stake in Flextech PLC; Scottish Radio Holdings' hostile takeover bid for Border Television PLC.
- COX GOES HIGH-DEF IN VA. Kudick, Kyra // Home Media Magazine;7/15/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 28, p11
This article reports on the high-definition motion pictures that will be offered by Cox Communications Northern Virginia in its On Demand library. It will be offered to digital cable subscribers in Fairfax County and the Fredericksburg region in Virginia. The new releases will be sold for $5.99...
- Top international box office. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;2/4/2003, Vol. 377 Issue 10, p55
Presents information about the international box office performances of various motion pictures for the week ending February 2, 2003. Total collections for the film 'Catch Me If You Can' during the week in Australia; Box office performance of 'Die Another Day' in Hong Kong; Gross collections...
- Audiences go extra 'Mile' as new openings arrive. Hollinger, Hy // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/21/2003, Vol. 376 Issue 50, p94
Reports that with the increasing number of fresh titles being distributed throughout the international market, the overseas motion picture industry is witnessing a tremendous performance with quite a few of the new titles challenging the established box office successes. Record-breaking opening...
- Year-end adrenaline helps H.K. boxoffice. Bennett; Pryor, Peter // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/7/2003, Vol. 376 Issue 39, p72
Reports on the financial bolstering provided by the late 2002 film releases to a struggling Hong Kong box office. Names of the films that were released in the later part of 2002; Statistics on the total revenues generated by the Hong Kong box office in 2002; Number of local film productions...
- 'Panic' takes hold o'seas as 'Ice' continues hot streak. Hollinger, Hy // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/16/2002, Vol. 373 Issue 2, p54
Focuses on the revenues generated by the motion picture industry. Estimation of the international income; Identification of the thriller movies; Gross income.
- Cox touts 16% gain in revenue. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/6/2003, Vol. 378 Issue 26, p13
Shares of cable operator Cox Communications Inc. fell 5.5% on May 5, 2003 as investors ignored news of strong first-quarter growth in revenue, cash flow and customers and instead focused on the company's quarterly loss and potential price war with competing high-speed Internet service providers....