Cox Builds Buzz in New England
- Launch Pad. Applebaum, Simon // CableFAX Daily;9/30/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 190, p2
The article reports on the premiere of the male-centric voice-on-demand service of Ripe TV on October 28, 2005. Assistance provided by Hearst-Argyle TV is reported. Information on programs and advertisements to be aired are provided.
- Becoming iNDEMAND. McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;03/06/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 10, p36
Highlights the plans of pay-per-view provider iNDEMAND to venture into the video-on-demand (VOD) segment of the broadcasting industry. Aims of delivering VOD content, via satellite; iNDEMAND's industry ranking; History of the emergence of VOD technology; Programming plans for the VOD service...
- Report: Live Video Still Trumps Video-on-Demand. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;6/30/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 18, p7
The article discusses Ooyala's "Q1 2012 Global Video Index" report, which tracks the viewing habits of viewers in 239 countries that found that viewers watched 53 minutes of live video per session on a connected television (TV), compared with 4.6 minutes of recorded or video-on-demand (VOD).
- SVOD Lineup. // Multichannel News;12/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p40
Presents programming highlights from the subscription video-on-demand offerings of several television networks for December 2004.
- VOD's Mystery Numbers. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;2/14/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p24
Analyzes the market for video on demand (VOD) services from the cable television industry in the U.S. Strategy of Cox Communications Inc. in launching its VOD service; Percentage of VOD-enabled subscribers in Boston, Massachusetts and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Increase in VOD revenue in 2004;...
- TV is set to get even more interactive. Milsom, Paul // New Media Age;3/10/2005, p11
This article focuses on the alleged popularity of Internet protocol television (IPTV) in Great Britain, as of March 2005. Apparently, Bill Gates has been an advocate for years and Microsoft has begun to partner with telecommunications and cable companies to offer IPTV to the U.S. In Great...
- RTL sets pay launch. Meza, Ed // Daily Variety;8/30/2006, Vol. 292 Issue 41, p12
The article reports on the three pay television channels and a video-on-demand (VOD) service to be launched by RTL Television in Germany in the fall of 2006. It will broadcast crime dramas, family home improvement, travel programming, soap operas, telenovelas and romantic television series. The...
- TuTv networks land Cox carriage. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;8/25/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 37, p10
Reports on the carriage deal made by pay television TuTv with Cox Communications Inc. in Miami, Florida. Terms of the deal; Schedule of the launch of the TuTv channels; Target market of TuTv.
- Cox Gets Southern Calif. Employees Into Ads. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;9/11/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 36, p46
This article reports on the move of Cox Communications Inc. to audition its employees at Orange County and Palos Verdes, California for series of TV and print advertisements aimed at building its image as the hometown cable television provider. Cox Communications will be facing competition from...