Holiday Greetings from the Troops
- VOD Goals: More Simplicity, With Ads. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;4/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p17
Reports on the experiments made by Comcast Corp. with its video-on-demand (VOD) content. Percentage of consumers in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania cable system who have used VOD; Issues that complicate the distribution of programming; Reason that waiting for copyright clearance can slow...
- Banking on a VOD Future. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;12/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p12
Presents information on the video-on-demand (VOD) business of Comcast Corp. Financial performance of the company for the nine months ended September 30, 2004; Approach of Comcast to its VOD model; Free VOD titles offered by Comcast.
- Call It 'Bostonvision' Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;4/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p1
Reports on a Get Local video-on-demand (VOD) television programming category introduced by Comcast Corp. Lineup of the VOD; Number of program choices of the VOD; Percentage of digital subscribers in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania who use VOD.
- Comcast using Nielsen's VOD measurement service. // CED;Mar2008, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p10
The article focuses on the launching of a new video-on-demand (VOD) measurement service by Nielsen Co. in the U.S. The service, Nielsen On-Demand Reporting & Analytics (NORA), will aggregate and anonymously reports on VOD usage based on real-time transactions collected at the set-top box (STB)...
- Nightly, But Later. A.R. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/8/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 49, p8
Focuses on the video-on-demand service being offered by Comcast as of December 2003. Types of shows aired in the video-on-demand service; Observations of Comcast senior VP of marketing Andy Addis regarding the preference of video-on-demand audiences.
- Fox tries 'Break' with POV tradition. Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;10/24/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 16, p5
Focuses on the collaboration of Fox Broadcasting Co. and Comcast Corp. to test the feasibility of video-on-demand (VOD) sector with the new television drama "Prison Break" in the U.S. Highlights of the relaunch of the television program; Claim of Comcast that most of its VOD content will be...
- Comcast Free On Demand Programming. // Multichannel News;12/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p22
Lists the free on-demand video television programming offered by cable operator Comcast Corp. for December 2004.
- OLN Sets Plan for On Demand. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;1/31/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p3
Deals with on-demand channels to be launched by the Outdoor Life Network (OLN) of Comcast Corp. in the U.S. in 2005. Features of the action-sports channels to be launched on April 7, 2005; Reason of OLN for not increasing their license fees; Significance of the action-sports channels to OLN.
- QUICK HITS. // Multichannel News;12/19/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 53, p22
The article presents updates on the cable programming of Comcast Corp. "CN8 Presents: Celebrate '06," a live comedy and music programming will be presented by Comcast Network. The Oxygen video-on-demand service from Comcast Corp. is now available to digital television consumers.