Liberation Theology-- What's Left
- LIBERATION THEOLOGY IN BRITAIN TODAY. Turner, Denys // Political Theology;2001, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p64
Discusses liberation theology in Great Britain. Anecdotes that depict liberation; Limitations of teaching theology in Ireland; Origin of a British liberation theology.
- GUERRILLAS IN THE MIST. Daniels, Anthony // National Review;12/5/1994, Vol. 46 Issue 23, p62
This article focuses on the establishment of the Zapatista Army of National Liberation (EZLN) in the Chiapas region of Mexico. The appearance of the rebel group in January 1994 has changed the Mexican political landscape. Chiapas bishop Samuel Ruiz, who has always condemned violence and has...
- HOLY WAR IN LATIN AMERICA. Stone, Robert // Contemporary Review;Dec88, Vol. 253 Issue 1475, p287
This article focuses on the holy war in Latin America. Backed by breathetaking murals depicting Sandinista soldiers carrying the cross and an eight-piece band pulsing Latin rhythms, Father Uriel Molina pounds the pulpit. The Sandinistas are the soldiers of Christ, he says. Father Molina, with a...
- The Basic Question: How to be Christians in a World of Destitution. Boff, Leonardo; Boff, Clodovis // Social Policy;Summer2003, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p28
Underlying liberation theology is a prophetic and comradely commitment to the life, case and struggle of marginalized human beings. Avery true theology springs from a spirituality, that is, from a true meaning with God in history. Liberation theology was born when faith confronted the injustice...
- The Lord's Song in the Brazilian Land. Maraschin, Jaci; Pires, Frederico Pieper // Studies in World Christianity;2006, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p83
The article focuses on the religious singing in non-Roman Catholic Churches in Brazil from the viewpoint of post-modern thinking and practice. Socialist ideology such as liberation theology, revivalism and North American pietism influence the religious singing in non-Roman Catholic Churches in...
- Between Earth and Heaven: Ignatian Imagination and the Aesthetics of Liberation. Crowley, Paul G. // Through a Glass Darkly;1996, p50
Chapter 3 of the book "Through a Glass Darkly: Essays in the Religious Imagination" is presented. It states that the theology of liberation treats the gospel as a divine challenge to any political and economic power exercise that would threaten the survival of human beings. While the Ignatian...
- ISSUES IN AFRICAN LIBERATION THEOLOGY. Gichaara, Jonathan // Black Theology: An International Journal;Jan2005, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p75
The essay seeks to chart the developments of African theology and African liberation theology within the African continent. It highlights the relationship between African theology and her liberation offspring, and outlines the major themes and concerns of both "theologies."
- Liberation Theology: Whom Does It Liberate? Conyers, A. J. // Modern Age;Summer/Fall1983, Vol. 27 Issue 3/4, p303
Discusses the impact of liberation theology on Christianity. Association of the method of theology with the concrete rather than with abstract dogma; Details of the historical apology of liberation theology; Role of the method in the economic development of Third World countries.
- Putting On the Tiara. Vree, Dale // National Review;3/30/1979, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p424
The article focuses on a series of articles concerning Marxist-Christian relations published in the Spring 1978 issue of the liberal Catholic quarterly "Cross Currents." The appointment of Pope John Paul II of Marxist-ruled Poland and the Pope's trip to Puebla, Mexico to address the Third...