Heaven Is My Home: Memoirs of a Lutheran Boyhood
- Lutherans, Catholics step closer. // Christianity Today;08/10/98, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p26
Reports that on June 16, 1998, the Lutheran World Federation (LWF) adopted the Joint Declaration on the Doctrine of Justification. Context of the doctrine of justification; Significance of the federation's move; Clarification made by Lutherans.
- 'Sacrificial Lutheranism' bolstering Germany's economic resilience? // Religion Watch;Sep2012, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p6
The article discusses the role played by Lutheranism's ethos of moral responsibility and sacrifice as a factor behind Germany's economic resilience and stability.
- America's Lutherans: What they believe. Nafzger, S.H. // Christianity Today;11/3/89, Vol. 33 Issue 16, p22
Explains the theological beliefs of the Lutheran church. Beliefs based on the church creeds and confessions found in `The Book of Concord.' Salvation by God's grace alone; Grace available to humans through faith alone; Salvation on the basis of Scripture alone; Differences between...
- Lutheran-Vatican declaration delayed. // Christian Century;10/23/96, Vol. 113 Issue 30, p1003
Reports on the delay in a joint declaration between the Lutherans and the Roman Catholic Church on a doctrinal issue. Significance of the declaration to ecumenical relations; Settlement of the divisive issue of the Lutheran doctrine of justification; Debate over Martin Luther's belief that human...
- What 'is' is. Marty, Martin E. // Christian Century;03/21/2001, Vol. 118 Issue 10, p55
Discusses the doctrine of the Lutheran Church and Catholic Church about the issue of transubstantiation. Origin of the difference between Reformed Protestant churches' doctrine and Catholic Church about transubstantiation; Ecumenical movement in Lutheran Church.
- ABSTRACTS OF CHURCH PLANNING STUDIES AND RESEARCH REPORTS. // Review of Religious Research;Spring71, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p186
This article presents abstracts of various articles related to church. One article is "The Making and Testing of an Organizational Saga: A Case Study of the Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, With Special Reference to the Problem of Merger, 1959-1969," by J. Russell Hale....
- Lutherans and Catholics chart path to unity. Ryan, Thomas // National Catholic Reporter;10/21/2016, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p12
The author reflects on the 500-year history of the Protestant Reformation on October 31, 2017. Topics mentioned include the Joint Declaration of the Doctrine of Justification by the Vatican and the Lutheran World Federation in 1999, the international dialogue between the Vatican Secretariat for...
- From a Chapter on the ELCA Today - Transdenomination to Transdenger. Stabel, Carol // Whosoever;Sep/Oct97, pN.PAG
Presents an update on issues related to the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) as of August 1997. Measures taken by ELCA to heal the disagreement between the Lutheran and Roman Catholic Church which started in the 16th century; Reason behind the conflict; Other issues being addressed...
- LUTHERAN THEOLOGY. Lange, Dirk G. // Theological Studies;Jun2012, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p471
The article reviews the book "Lutheran Theology," by Steven D. Paulson.