- Another Daubenton, Another Histoire naturelle. Loveland, Jeff // Journal of the History of Biology;Sep2006, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p457
The article examines the development of the reputation of Louis Jean Marie Daubenton as naturalist. Daubenton's contribution to the book "Histoire naturelle" depicts his intention to establish facts before probing the mysteries of natural history. He had used his findings to show the anatomical...
- EL HOMBRE QUE INVENTÃ“ LA HISTORIA NATURAL. Jay Gould, Stephen // Revista de EconomÃa Institucional;Segundo Semestre 2014, Vol. 16 Issue 31, p341
No abstract available.
- Irving Kristol. Kristol, Irving // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Oct1990, Issue 6, p25
Presents an article responding to the article "Evolution as Dogma: The Establishment of Naturalism," by Phillip Johnson, published in the October 1990 issue of the periodical "First Things. Inadequacy of environmental changes to explain the origin of species; Fear of encouraging creationism.
- Thomas H. Jukes. Jukes, Thomas H. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Oct1990, Issue 6, p26
Presents an article responding to the article "Evolution as Dogma: The Establishment of Naturalism," by Phillip Johnson, published in the October 1990 issue of the periodical "First Things. Approach used by Johnson in discussing creationism and evolution; Claim made by Johnson that creationists...
- The Creation-Evolution Continuum. // Skeptic;2004, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p50
Presents assumptions of evolutionists and creationists on the evolution and creation controversy as a dichotomy. Beliefs of the members of the Flat Earth Society that the shape of the Earth is flat because a literal reading in the Bible demands it; Acceptance of the Geocentrists that the Earth...
- Buffon, Georges-Louis Leclerc (1707 - 1788). // Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientific Biography;2005, p1
French naturalist who compiled the vast encyclopedic work Histoire naturelle gÃ©nÃ©rale et particuliÃ¨re.
- Nature, nurture and liberal values. Scruton, Roger // Prospect;Feb2012, Issue 191, p50
The article discusses some liberal values involved with the theory of evolution. According to evolutionary psychologists, culture is an adaptation that conferred a reproductive advantage on hunter-gatherer ancestors. It is noted that the theory of evolution challenges liberal values and not...
- Camping. Phillips, Rebecca; Ross, Dena // Newsweek;7/17/2006, Vol. 148 Issue 3, p9
This article reports on how summer camps are joining in the creationism vs. evolution debate. Research shows that even camps that don't have a particular spiritual mission might still increase spirituality in children. A 2005 American Camp Association study found that parents notice a...
- Verdict that Demands Evidence. Colson, Charles; Morse, Anne // Christianity Today;Apr2005, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p112
Argues that Darwinists are the ones who lack evidence of their theory of the evolution of man and not Christians who have evidence supporting their belief in creation. Facts cited by historian Paul Johnson which supports biblical accounts; Argument that there is lack of evidence that evolution...