Where Babies Come From
- Obesity is associated with increased risk of first trimester and recurrent miscarriage: matched caseâ€“control study. H. Lashen; K. Fear; D.W. Sturdee // Human Reproduction;Jul2004, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p1644
BACKGROUND: Obesity has become a major health problem worldwide and is also associated with adverse pregnancy outcome. The aim of this study was to assess the impact of obesity on the risk of miscarriage in the general public. METHODS: This was a nested caseâ€“control study. The study...
- Empleo y dosificaciÃ³n de hormonas en la amenaza de aborto. Viesca B., Enrique; Iturriaga, Antonio M. // Ginecologia y Obstetricia de Mexico;ago2007, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p488
No abstract available.
- Medical Management with Misoprostol is Efficacious. // Fertility Weekly;4/29/2002, p13
Studies the potential use of viginal misoprostol for medical management of missed abortion. Percentage of occurrence on all clinically recognized pregnancies; Number of patients enrolled in the study; Patient satisfaction with misoprostol treatment.
- miscarriage. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p510
An encyclopedia entry for "miscarriage" is presented. It refers to the loss of the fetus before reaching the 24th week of pregnancy or viability. The medical term for this is spontaneous abortion. This occurs because of chromosomal abnormalities or developmental defects in the fetus or due to...
- Twin Pregnancies Have Higher Chance of Survival. // Fertility Weekly;8/11/2003, p1
Reports higher risk of abortion in singleton pregnancies compared with twin pregnancies. Estimates of the first trimester abortion; Percentage of the overall incidence of spontaneous abortion in twin pregnancies; Assessment of the incidence of miscarriage.
- Uterine evacuation in the office. Masch, Rachel J.; Roman, Ashley S. // Contemporary OB/GYN;Jul2005, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p66
Presents different approaches for first-trimester uterine evacuation of outpatients. Factors to consider in conducting medical abortion; Requirements for patients undergoing medical termination; Discussion of several protocols for mifepristobe and misoprostol administration.
- New concepts on the causes of recurrent miscarriage. // Reproductive BioMedicine Online (Reproductive Healthcare Limited;Mar2006, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p291
Discusses concepts on the causes of recurrent miscarriage. Definition of recurrent miscarriage; Genetic anomalies involved in the syndrome; Immunological factors that cause miscarriages.
- Fetal cellular microchimerism in miscarriage and pregnancy termination. Peterson, SE; Nelson, JL; Gadi, VK; Gammill, HS // Chimerism;Oct-Dec2013, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p1
The article presents information on fetal cellular microchimerism in miscarriage and pregnancy termination. During pregnancy, fetal cells transfer to the mother and can persist long-term as microchimerism. During pregnancy loss, acquisition of microchimerism may also happen. The magnitude of...
- TIEMPO RECOMENDADO PARA UNA NUEVA CONCEPCIÃ“N POST ABORTO ESPONTÃNEO. Baltra, Estebeni; de Mayo, Tomás; Rojas, María de los Ángeles; Arraztoa, José Antonio // Revista Chilena de Obstetricia y GinecologÃa;2008, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p79
Background: The interval a woman should wait after a miscarriage before attempting a new pregnancy reflects a clinical experience than the evidence. Objective: To make a critical analysis of the available literature regarding how much time a woman should wait before attempting a new pregnancy...