WHILE WERE AT IT
- Notes on church-state affairs: Rumania. Beck, Rosalie; Hendon, David W. // Journal of Church & State;Spring90, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p451
Reports on the role of Hungarian Reformed Church pastor Laszlo Tokes in the revolution in Rumania that culminated in the execution of dictator Nicolae Caeusescu. Tokes as a supporter of the 1.7 million ethnic Hungarians in Rumania; Efforts by the Caeusescu government to deport Tokes;...
- Ethnicity as a theological concept: The thought of Laszlo Tokes[*]. Baer, Helmut David // Journal of Ecumenical Studies;Summer/Fall98, Vol. 35 Issue 3/4, p471
Examines Laszlo Tokes, a bishop of the Reformed Church in Romania and his theological affirmation of Hungarian identity. Explanation for the existence of an ecumenical disagreement; Link of Tokes' identity as a Christian and his being a Hungarian; Affirmation of ethnicity in a larger East...
- DOWN WITH THE TYRANT. Cullen, Robert // New Yorker;4/2/90, Vol. 66 Issue 7, p94
Focuses on the Reformed Church of Timisoara in Romania. History of the denomination; Suspension of Reverend Laszlo Tokes from the ministry; Timisoara's Hungarian community.
- Laszlo Tokes, the pastor who helped to free Romania, is home. Friedman, J.; Lessing, T. // People;2/5/90, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p63
Recounts the anxiously awaited and joyous return to Cluj, Romania, of Protestant Minister Laszlo Tokes, 37, banned from preaching several years ago for being a friend to the people seeking political revolution. Attack, house arrest; Background ondissidence; Changes in Cluj and remaining hardships.
- LETTERS FROM OUR READERS. // Homiletic & Pastoral Review;Feb2011, Vol. 111 Issue 5, p3
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in the November 2010 issues such as "I will bow down toward your holy temple in awe of you': The biblical foundations of liturgical gestures," by father Hoeck and another one on the letter of brother Janecko related to miscarriage.
- Meghan and Molly deserved a birth announcement. Ryan, V.G. // U.S. Catholic;Feb91, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p26
Shares the author's disappointment with the Catholic church's official policy toward miscarriages and the birth of stillborn children. Personal experiences trying to get the church to provide customary funeral activities for her stillborn twin daughters; How the church's practice conflicts with...
- Local groups mark National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day. Wareham, Hannah Clay // Bay Windows;2/9/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p1
The article reports that a video titled "I Am More Than HIV" has been released by the Hispanic Black Gay Coalition (HBGC) to shed light on the larger impact that HIV/AIDS has on the Black community.
- Their Brothers' Keepers. // School Library Journal;Apr2006 Supplement, Vol. 52, p77
Reviews the video recording "Their Brothers' Keepers," a material on the AIDS crisis in Africa.
- AIDS spelled out on film: A videography. Mandell, Phyllis Levy // School Library Journal;May94, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p54
Lists 88 titles submitted by 43 companies released between 1990 and 1994 designed to help children and young adults become more knowledgeable about the transmission and prevention of AIDS/HIV. Includes order information, grade level and contact points for video distributors. Among others, `A Is...