MAXIMUM LEGAL PROTECTION
- The Women of Roe v. Wade. Glendon, Mary Ann // Human Life Review;Summer2003, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p31
Presents the text of the speech given by Mary Ann Glendon, law professor at Harvard University, during a symposium at Boston College School of Law in Boston, Massachusetts which deals on the social implications of the abortion-related Supreme court case entitled "Roe v. Wade."
- Rome's Crusade For Democracy. // Wilson Quarterly;Winter90, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p128
Reviews the article "Catholicism and Democracy: The Other Twentieth-Century Revolution," by George Weigel published in "The Washington Quarterly".
- ET CETERA. // Commonweal;10/25/2002, Vol. 129 Issue 18, p6
Relates the views of Papal hagiographer George Weigel on the sexual abuse crisis faced by the Catholic Church. Cause of the crisis; Solution to the church's problems.
- Obama, the bishops, and the politics of 'usurpation'. Feuerhard, Joe // National Catholic Reporter;5/29/2009, Vol. 45 Issue 16, p32
The author reflects on George Weigel column regarding U.S. President Barack Obama's commencement speech at the University of Notre Dame. The author refers to the Obama's intervention on the Catholic debate over the boundaries of Catholic identity and the applicability of settled Catholic...
- Catholicism and the Renewal of American Democracy (Book). Curley, Augustine J. // Library Journal;3/15/1989, Vol. 114 Issue 5, p74
Reviews the non-fiction book "Catholicism and the Renewal of American Democracy," by George Weigel.
- Becket Fund for Religious Liberty. // Public Eye;Spring2013, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p4
The article discusses the Beckett Fund which was founded in 1994 by attorney Kevin Hasson. It discloses that the Fund is at the center of a small, Roman Catholic-dominated group of activists, and is the intellectual leader of the right wing religious liberty campaign. The article also alleges...
- NEWS BRIEFS. // America;5/11/2009, Vol. 200 Issue 15, p8
The article offers world news briefs involving the Catholic Church. Pope Benedict XVI and the secretary-general of the League of Arab States signed an agreement at the Vatican to cooperate closely in the promotion of dialogue, justice and peace. Northern Irelandâ€™s Catholic bishops have...
- A glimpse of the new feminism. Glendon, Mary Ann // America;7/6/1996, Vol. 175 Issue 1, p10
Presents the text of a speech given by the professor of law at Harvard University Law School in Washington D.C. on May 4, 1996 which deals with feminism.
- Really? Duffy, Eamon // Commonweal;1/27/2006, Vol. 133 Issue 2, p18
The article reviews the book "God's Choice: Pope Benedict XVI and the Future of the Catholic Church," by George Weigel.