THE POOR: HELPING THEM AND US AT ONE LETHAL STROKE
- PROPHETIC THEOLOGY IN BLACK THEOLOGY, WITH SPECIAL REFERENCE TO THE KAIROS DOCUMENT. Vellem, Vuyani S. // Hervormde Teologiese Studies;2010, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p1
The 'Protest' and 'Confessing' Models in the streams of Black Theology of liberation provide a creative link between the Prophetic Theology in the Kairos document (KD) and the Black Theology of liberation. Launched in a distinct moment of history - an 'opportune moment' - the KD propagated the...
- Liberation theology pioneer reflects on troubles. McELWEE, JOSHUA J. // National Catholic Reporter;3/14/2014, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p15
The article focuses on the invitation by Cardinal Gerhard MÃ¼ller, the leader of the Vatican City's doctrinal office, for Dominican Father Gustavo GutiÃ©rrez, the theologian who founded the liberation theology movement, to speak at the book launch of MÃ¼ller's "Poor for the Poor: The...
- Faith and the Poor. Garcia-Rivera, Alejandro // America;9/17/2007, Vol. 197 Issue 7, p9
The article comments on the Vatican notification on the works of liberation theologian Jon Sobrino, S.J. The author cites a passage from Saint John Chrysostom to ponder on the relevance of the Sobrino notification. The notification questions the methodological presuppositions of Sobrino's...
- Liberation Theology at the Crossroads: Democracy or Revolution? (Book). Hupp, Steven // Library Journal;3/15/1990, Vol. 115 Issue 5, p94
Reviews the religious book "Liberation Theology at the Crossroads: Democracy or Revolution?" by Paul E. Sigmund.
- LIBERATION THEOLOGY AT THE CROSSROADS: DEMOCRACY OR REVOLUTION. Lowenthal, Abraham F. // Foreign Affairs;Winter90/91, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p194
The article reviews the book "Liberation Theology at the Crossroads: Democracy or Revolution," by Paul E. Sigmund.
- The lost front door into scripture: Carlos Mesters, Latin American liberation theology and the... Dawsey, James M. // Anglican Theological Review;Summer90, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p292
Focuses on Latin American liberation theology's attempt to recapture the Patristic exegesis. Brazilian scholar Carlos Mesters' search for the spiritual sense of scripture; Characteristics describing the way that poor people in Basic Ecclesial Communities read the Bible.
- Book reviews. Hogan, John P. // Theological Studies;Mar91, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p164
Reviews the book `Liberation Theology: A Documentary History,' edited by Alfred T. Hennelly and `Liberation Theology and Its Critics,' by Arthur F. McGovern.
- Whither liberation theology? Taylor, M.K. // Christian Century;12/12/90, Vol. 107 Issue 36, p1168
Reviews the books `Liberation Theology and Its Critics: Toward an Assessment,' by Arthur F. McGovern, and `Liberation Theology at the Crossroads: Democracy or Revolution?' by Paul E. Sigmund.
- Book reviews. Roth, John K. // Journal of Church & State;Autumn90, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p875
Reviews the book `Liberation Theology and Its Critics: Toward an Assessment,' by Arthur F. McGovern.