The Many Causes of Environmentalism
- Austrian Post-Mortem. // Time;6/8/1953, Vol. 61 Issue 23, p120
The article reviews the book "The Man Without Qualities," by Robert Musil.
- WHAT IS AN EMOTION? MUSIL's ADVERBIAL THEORY. Döring, Sabine // Monist;Jan2014, Vol. 97 Issue 1, p47
The article presents the views of the novelist Robert Musil on emotions. It states that Musil is the only one to conceive emotions as Gestalt qualities of a specific kind. It further discusses two novels by Musil that presents the meaning of emotions including "The Man Without Qualities" and...
- FOOLISHNESS, STUPIDITY, AND COGNITIVE VALUES. Mulligan, Kevin // Monist;Jan2014, Vol. 97 Issue 1, p66
The article focuses on the terms, foolishness, stupidity and cognitive values, discussed in the novel "The Man Without Qualities," by Robert Musil. It states that many of the fools and follies in the novel are presented as examples of attempts to adapt mind to life and humanitarianism,...
- CONTINGENCY AND NECESSITY: HUMAN AGENCY IN MUSIL'S THE MAN WITHOUT QUALITIES. Sattler, Barbara // Monist;Jan2014, Vol. 97 Issue 1, p86
The article focuses on contingency and necessity discussed in the novel "The Man Without Qualities" by Robert Musil. It states that contingency is the opposite of necessity and can be defined as chance, indeterminacy or possibility. It further discusses three spheres of necessity described in...
- An unfinished masterpiece. Kuehn, Heinz R. // Sewanee Review;Winter99, Vol. 107 Issue 1, p142
Focuses on Austrian writer Robert Musil. Musil's novel `The Man Without Qualities' as the greatest masterpiece in all twentieth century German literature; Biographical details; Early beginnings as a writer; Literary success at a very young age; Musil's obsession with his masterpiece; Death...
- Precision and Soul. Bernstein, Michael Andre // New Republic;5/29/95, Vol. 212 Issue 22, p27
Reviews the book "The Man Without Qualities," by Robert Musil and translated by Sophie Wilkins and Burton Pike.
- Soul Food. Pike, Burton // O, The Oprah Magazine;Jul2006, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p167
The article presents the author's advice on how to appreciate reading the book The Man Without Qualities, by Robert Musil. The information that readers need to know before starting to read such book is presented, including the period when it was written. Readers are also advised to feel the...
- THE MAN WITHOUT QUALITIES. Birmingham, William // America;8/29/1953, Vol. 89 Issue 22, p523
The article reviews the book "The Man Without Qualities," by Robert Musil and translated by Eithne Wilkins and Ernst Kaiser.
- SWAMP OF DISSERTATION. Cooperman, Stanley // New Republic;7/27/53, Vol. 128 Issue 30, p20
The article presents information on the book "The Man Without Qualities," by Robert Musil. Musil all but drowns his fiction in a great, foggy swamp of dissertation. To be sure, there is a setting, characters and occasional stirrings of what seems, at times, to be a plot. But the book is a...