Wealth and Whimsy: On Economic Creativity
- Wealth is an inside-out job. Taylor, Charles // Communicology / Kommunikologia;10/22/2015, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p4B
The author offers a reflection about wealth including the true aspect of wealth which is not about money, the internal value that pertains to wealth and wealth consciousness.
- VERSES VS. VERSES. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);10/2/2006, Issue 39, p54
The article presents verses from the Bible that supports the view of the Prosperity movement that focused on God's promised generosity in this life and the ability of believers to claim it for themselves. Among the verses cited are Deuteronomy 8:17-18, Ecclesiastes 5:18-19, Matthew 6: 19-21 and...
- The Damned Rich (Mark 10:17-31). Crossley, James G. // Expository Times;Sep2005, Vol. 116 Issue 12, p397
On the level of the historical Jesus the condemnation of the rich found in Mark 10:17-31 ought to be read in the strongest possible sense: they will be damned if they do not give up their wealth. This is supported by Jewish theological traditions and the socio-economic context of the 20s Galilee.
- VERSES vs. VERSES. Van Biema, David; Chu, Jeff // Time;9/18/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 12, p52
The article focuses on passages in the Bible which focus on the accumulation of wealth by man while he is on earth. Some groups of Christians in the United States feel that God wants them to be rich while on earth and cite Deuteronomy 8: 17-18, Ecclesiastes 5: 18-19, and Malachi 3: 10 as...
- Wealth, an opportunity for justice. Sánchez, Patricia Datchuck // National Catholic Reporter;9/17/2010, Vol. 46 Issue 24, p31
The article presents the author's opinion on the concept of wealth in religious faith according to different regional variations among Asians, Latin Americans, Europeans and Americans. She cites a study published by Barclays Wealth and Ledbury Research that states that richness grants wealthy...
- DOES GOD WANT YOU TO BE RICH? Van Biema, David; Chu, Jeff // Time;9/18/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 12, p48
The article reports on Christians, including those involved with Joel Osteen, Health and Wealth, Name it and Claim it, and Prosperity Theology, who are looking at scripture in a unique way. Their beliefs revolve around scripture which discusses God's promised generosity in this life, and the...
- 11th October: Proper 23. BARR, RUSSELL // Expository Times;Sep2009, Vol. 120 Issue 12, p601
The article presents a proper offering insights about discipleship with reference to the books of Job and Mark in the Holy Scripture. According to the preacher, the gospel of Mark centers on three occasions when Jesus Christ tells his disciples about his impending suffering and death in...
- Good News! // Grand Saline Sun (TX);11/5/2015, Vol. 120 Issue 44, p1
An excerpt from the verse in Hebrew Bible's fifth book Deuteronomy 8:18 is presented, which enlightens on wealth production.
- Journal ranks Spain most sinful. Malcolm, Teresa // National Catholic Reporter;11/22/96, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p8
Focuses on `Svensk Export Strategi' journal's list of the most sinful countries in the industrialized world.