Worldly Wisdom, Christian Foolishness
- The Gospel of Peter. Foster, Paul // Expository Times;Apr2007, Vol. 118 Issue 7, p318
The Gospel of Peter was the first non-canonical gospel to be rediscovered during the modern period.' This nine page fragment from a larger text narrates a version of events dealing with the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus. Some of the document's more striking features include its increased...
- A dinosaur (as old as we are) has yet to learn why young people reject liberal Christianity. Byfield, Ted; Byfield, Virginia // Report / Newsmagazine (National Edition);8/12/2002, Vol. 29 Issue 16, p52
Discusses Christianity in the 20th century and the topic of truth in Gospel writings. Beliefs of Christians concerning the resurrection of Jesus Christ; Opinion that religion reporter Tom Harpur of the 'Toronto Star' has been denying fundamental Christian beliefs; Assertion of Harpur that the...
- Once upon an empty tomb. Camille, Alice // U.S. Catholic;Apr2001, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p45
Explores the gospel stories of Easter. Versions of the story of Jesus Christ's resurrection according to the gospel of Matthew, Mark and Luke; Message of Easter.
- Grave matters. Wright, N.T. // Christianity Today;04/06/98, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p51
Discusses the nature of Jesus Christ's Resurrection. Examination on the validity of Jesus' tomb; Insights on Jesus' life; Meaning of the Resurrection to the early Christians.
- Celebrating our roots. Sánchez, Patricia // National Catholic Reporter;4/15/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 13, p27
In this article, the author discusses the Resurrection of Jesus Christ and the people involved in religion, and the religion itself in which she says that believers in the religion must do so realistically.
- Askthe Elder. Lawson, Elder X. // Tennessee Tribune;4/12/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p7B
The article provides an answer to a question related to Resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- CELEBRATING RESURRECTION EMBRACING SUFFERING. PEMBERTON, RYAN J. // Bible Study Magazine;Mar/Apr2017, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p56
In this article, the author focuses on the Christians' celebration regarding Jesus Christ's suffering and resurrection on Easter Sunday, and mentions the Lenten and biblical tradition of celebrating the solidarity.
- Who is He? // Challenge Newsline;Apr2005, Issue 48, p5
The article presents few lines from the Christian gospel by Luke on the resurrection of Jesus Christ. In the paragraph 2-4 of Luke's Gospel, while the women were wondering about disappearance of the dead body of Jesus Christ, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside...
- CRISTIANISMO E GNOSTICISMO: UMA AVALIAÃ‡ÃƒO DE SUA INCOMPATIBILIDADE AO ENSEJO DA PUBLICAÃ‡ÃƒO DO "EVANGELHO DE JUDAS.". Dos Santos, João Alves // Fides Reformata;2006, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p51
With the publication of the so-called Gospel of Judas once again the issue of the relationship between Gnosticism and Christianity in the first centuries of the Christian era is raised. Can Gnosticism be considered a deviant branch of Christianity? Should the Gnostic gospels be considered...