What's Worked Well On Demand
- NCTA: Broadcasters Want a Free Ride. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;8/1/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p10
Provides information on the digital-TV battle between the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) and broadcasters in the cable industry. Focus of analysis sent by NCTA to members of Congress in July 2005; Accusations of NCTA against broadcasters; Comments from National...
- How to Succeed in Business Services. Barrett, Larry // Multichannel News;11/10/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 44, p11
The article reports on the 2008 CTAM Summit's Case Study Winners' Session to be held on November 11, 2008. A trio of cable operators will be recognized during the event for developing, executing, and documenting successful business-services marketing campaigns throughout 2007. The article...
- NCTC/ACA Hit Windy City. // Communications Technology;Sep2006, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p12
The article highlights the first annual Independent Show organized by the National Cable Television Cooperative and the American Cable Association in Chicago, Illinois. The theme for the show is Winds of Change which was chosen not just because of the windy reputation of the host city, but more...
- SCTE Announcements. // CT's Pipeline;11/15/2005, p4
The article presents a calendar of events related to the activities of the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) in the U.S. from November to December 2005. The closing of the nominations for the 2006 Emerging Technologies Award and for the Young Engineer of the Year Award is...
- Horatio McSlarrow: Ads Tell Cable's American Success Story. // CableFAX Daily;1/31/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p1
Reports on several advertisements related to the cable industry in the U.S. which were released in January 2006. Information on the advertising spots unveiled by the National Community Television Association (NCTA), Mass Ave and telecommunications companies; Remarks from NCTA executive Kyle...
- Sleeping With the Enemy:. // CableFAX Daily;5/31/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 105, p2
Reports on the decision of Karen Alexander to resign from his post as New Jersey Cable Telecommunications Association in June 2006.
- Success Path. Applebaum, Simon // CableFAX Daily;3/3/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 42, p2
Provides information on the National Cable & Telecommunications Association's National Show to begin in April 9, 2006. Information on exhibit space; List of opening session and general session panelists.
- RESTORING RELEVANCE IN CHICAGO. // Television Week;7/21/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p17
Features Timothy Larson, president of the Chicago Chapter of the U.S. Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing. Award received from CTAM in 2003; Action taken to correct the misconception that CTAM was a social organization primarily for networking purposes; Plans for the Chicago...
- Learning Curve. McConnell, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;2/28/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 9, p16
Features Kyle McSlarrow, chief of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association. Lack of work experience in the cable television industry; Defense by McSlarrow on cable's exemption from indecency restrictions; Similarity between energy and cable industries.