Summit Host City Has Wi-Fi Ambitions
- iBurst. // Australian PC User;Apr2006, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p40
The article evaluates the iBurst wireless broadband service and offers information on its speed capability and service charges.
- The need for speed. Gliddon, Joshua // Money (Australia Edition);Sep2005, Issue 8, p78
Presents information on broadband communication system. Technical definition of broadband; Types of broadband services; Costs of wireless hotspots and mobile Internet. INSETS: Happy with the upgrade;Protect yourself.
- BT is most popular among new and switching broadband users. Armitt, Claire // New Media Age;8/25/2005, p9
This article presents the results of a survey on the use by Internet users of broadband communication systems in 2005. Almost a fifth of users say that they are likely to change Internet service providers (ISP) over the next 12 months. Of these, 21% said they would switch to BT Broadband....
- Wireless broadband plans. Kidman, Angus // Australian PC User;Apr2005, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p48
Presents information on wireless broadband plans. Information on direct wireless broadband connection; Overview of the NetConnect broadband technology; Disadvantages of wireless services.
- The Unsettled Future of Mobile Broadband. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;3/14/2005, Vol. 246 Issue 5, p36
The article presents information on Internet telephony and broadband mobile communication systems. Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP), a decade-old concept that many people never thought would enjoy mainstream success, has begun an arc toward mass-market acceptance affecting not only the...
- Is the UK all wired up with nowhere to go? Drew, Wayne // Televisual;Sep2009, p18
The article presents the author's opinion regarding the technological infrastructure in Great Britain. He acknowledges the capabilities of the Internet in bringing easy access into the government's services, however, opposes the view of Prime Minister Gordon Brown that broadband communications...
- 4G: Evolving, Disrupting, Reshaping. Myhrer, Miguel // Wireless Week;11/15/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 19, p24
The article focuses on fourth-generation (4G) communications system, which are bringing high-speed broadband devices and services to the wireless sector. It is indicated that while 3G networks are about the technology, 4G networks are both a technology and a business transformation. It is noted...
- Science catches a wireless wave. // Communications News;Apr2006, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p38
The article presents information on the Aquarius undersea laboratory and its ability to use broadband wireless technology to transmit information ashore. Aquarius serves as a home base for aquatic research. Moreover, it is a national asset which supports scientists in their efforts to better...
- New York says no to muni Wi-Fi. Fung, Amanda // Crain's New York Business;10/10/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p3
This article presents information on developments in wireless communication systems in New York. Around the country, cities such as Philadelphia, San Francisco and half a dozen smaller ones are moving aggressively to build publicly funded Wi-Fi networks offering free or low-cost broadband...