Summit Host City Has Wi-Fi Ambitions
- iBurst. // Australian PC User;Apr2006, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p40
The article evaluates the iBurst wireless broadband service and offers information on its speed capability and service charges.
- The need for speed. Gliddon, Joshua // Money (Australia Edition);Sep2005, Issue 8, p78
Presents information on broadband communication system. Technical definition of broadband; Types of broadband services; Costs of wireless hotspots and mobile Internet. INSETS: Happy with the upgrade;Protect yourself.
- BT is most popular among new and switching broadband users. Armitt, Claire // New Media Age;8/25/2005, p9
This article presents the results of a survey on the use by Internet users of broadband communication systems in 2005. Almost a fifth of users say that they are likely to change Internet service providers (ISP) over the next 12 months. Of these, 21% said they would switch to BT Broadband....
- Wireless broadband plans. Kidman, Angus // Australian PC User;Apr2005, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p48
Presents information on wireless broadband plans. Information on direct wireless broadband connection; Overview of the NetConnect broadband technology; Disadvantages of wireless services.
- The Unsettled Future of Mobile Broadband. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;3/14/2005, Vol. 246 Issue 5, p36
The article presents information on Internet telephony and broadband mobile communication systems. Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP), a decade-old concept that many people never thought would enjoy mainstream success, has begun an arc toward mass-market acceptance affecting not only the...
- FCC details plans for free wireless broadband. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;6/30/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p13
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to introduce an advanced wireless services (AWS)-3 spectrum to the wireless telephone industry. It states that the strategy provides a wireless broadband license to wireless companies to offer free Internet...
- Fibre finds its way. Doorenspleet, Henk // Total Telecom Magazine;Feb2006, p32
The article focuses on the deployment of fiber access networks for broadband services in February 2006. Operators want to increase their fibre access network capacity to deliver the latest broadband and broadcast services. However, deploying fiber access networks for broadband services is a...
- â€˜Hot-spotâ€™ revenue is projected to sizzle. // Journal of Business (10756124);10/27/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 22, pA17
Reports on the survey results projecting a rise of wireless data hotspot revenue from 2006 to 2009. Growth in the number of hotels offering broadband Internet service; Service offered by the hotspot; Analysis from In-Stat regarding the hot-spot business.
- Is the UK all wired up with nowhere to go? Drew, Wayne // Televisual;Sep2009, p18
The article presents the author's opinion regarding the technological infrastructure in Great Britain. He acknowledges the capabilities of the Internet in bringing easy access into the government's services, however, opposes the view of Prime Minister Gordon Brown that broadband communications...