Where the Rigases Might Spend Time
- Rigas Trio Could Face Tax Claims. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/12/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 32, p42
Focuses on federal tax evasion charges against Adelphia Communications Corp. founder John Rigas and sons Timothy and Michael in Pennsylvania. Indication on other charges against the Rigases; Information on the arrest of the Rigases; Investigation on the company transactions.
- Feds crack 'personal piggy bank' Goldsmith, Jill; McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;7/25/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 37, p1
Reports on the arrest of Adelphia Communications founder John Rigas and sons Timothy and Michael for allegations of fraud in Manhattan, New York City. Charges against the cable executives; Bail for the Rigases; List of specific allegations.
- Jury pulls the plug on cable clan. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;7/9/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 4, p1
Reports that a jury convicted Adelphia Communications founder John Rigas and son Timothy on charges of conspiracy and securities fraud in July 2004. Deception of investors about the financial condition of the company before it went into bankruptcy; Acquittal of former Adelphia assistant...
- RIGAS, SON GUILTY. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/12/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p1
Reports that John Rigas, owner of Adelphia Communications Corp., and his son Timothy Rigas, former chief financial officer of Adelphia, were found guilty of securities fraud, bank fraud and conspiracy. Reaction of the Rigases to the decision of the jury; Evidence presented by prosecutors...
- Stiff Sentences To Rigases for Massive 'Deceit' Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;6/27/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 26, p1
Reports on the remarks of John Rigas, founder of cable operator Adelphia Communications Corp. on the fraud and conspiracy charges against him and his son Timothy. Background on the establishment of the company according to Rigas; Decision of the judge; Details of the charges against the...
- THIS JUST IN. // Multichannel News;10/10/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 42, p3
Presents updates on issues and events concerning the multichannel communication industry in the U.S. as of October 10, 2005. Indictment of John and Timothy Rigas, founders of Adelphia Communications Corp. for failing to pay federal income taxes; Introduction of a voice-over-Internet protocol...
- Sins of the Father and a Son. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/12/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 28, p12
Provides information on the fraud case of family patriarch John Rigas and his sons Tim and Michael that led to the bankruptcy and collapse of cable operator Adelphia. Charges filed against the father-and-sons team; Decision of the court against John and Tim; Reason behind the exclusion of...
- 15 years for elder Rigas. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;6/21/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 57, p1
Reports that John Rigas, executive of Adelphia Communications Corp., was sentenced to a 15-year prison term for corporate fraud in the U.S. Claim of Rigas that he was only trying to make life better for his family and their company; Prison sentence imposed on his son, Timothy Rigas, for his role...
- Fall of the House of Rigas: A Timeline. // Multichannel News;6/27/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 26, p59
Details the fraud and conspiracy trial against John Rigas, former founder, chairman and CEO of cable operator Adelphia Communications Corp., and his son Timothy Rigas. Facts of the case; Revelations on the conference call of the company with analysts; Sentences for John and Timothy.