- CORRECTION. // New Jersey Jewish News;7/28/2011, Vol. 65 Issue 30, p5
A correction to the article on Jewish denominations in the July 21, 2011 issue is presented.
- Judaism's internals outweigh externals. Shlomo Riskin, Rabbi // Jewish Advocate;2/22/2013, Vol. 204 Issue 8, p10
The article presents the teachings of Judaism.
- Total Embrace of Israel Threatening Judaism's Ethical and Humane Tradition. Brownfeld, Allan C. // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Nov2005, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p66
Presents the author's view that total embrace of Israel is threatening Judaism's ethical and humane tradition. View that most American Jews are reluctant to even consider the argument that Israel belies the ethical ideals of Judaism at its best; Expression of view that Jews are not a nation, and...
- ZERA YISRAEL AS THE NEW BASIS FOR CONVERSION. Amsellem, Rabbi Chaim // Points East;Mar2013, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p1
An excerpt from the website http://www.jewishideas.org/articles/acceptance-commandments-conversion is presented.
- WHY CHRISTIANITY NEEDS JUDAISM. Neuhaus, Richard John // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Aug/Sep2001, Issue 115, p86
Examines the relationship between Christianity and Judaism. Secularity of the two religions related to their being public in character; Jewish origins of Christianity; Role of condemned Christian heretic, Marcion in Jewish-Christian relations; Arguments supporting the separation of Christianity...
- THE FISCAL BASIS OF JOSIAH'S REFORMS. Claburn, W. Eugene // Journal of Biblical Literature;Mar73, Vol. 92 Issue 1, p11
Discusses the famous religious reforms of Judah's King Josiah, which constitutes one of history's most lastingly enigmatic oddities. Proclamation of the purification of Yahwistic worship that called for the desecration and destruction of all Yahwistic shrines in Judah; Attack against a sizeable...
- Judaism--A Civilization. Berkovits, Eliezer // Judaism;Winter81, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p53
Comments on the philosophy of Professor Mordecai Kaplan on Judaism civilization. Ideologies on the reformation of Judaism ; Assumption on the difference of Jews from non-Jews in the matter of religion; Oneness of the Jewish people as a nation.
- Modern Orthodoxy in Israel. LIEBMAN, CHARLES S. // Judaism;Fall98, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p405
Offers information on modern Israeli orthodoxy. Structure of Orthodox Judaism; Types of orthodoxy; Religious communities in Israel.
- THE DECLINE AND RISE OF SECULAR JUDAISM. Shapiro, Edward S. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Mar2014, Issue 241, p41
The article discusses secular Judaism in the U.S. in the 21st century. Topics discussed include how America became the home of the self-made Jew and the land where Judaism was transmuted into a religion that could be modified. Also mentioned are the new forms of Judaism that was born in the U.S....