ANDY ROONEY AND THE PUBLIC GOOD
- Ruth's Last Days. Brophy, Stephen // Bay Windows;2/22/2001, pN.PAG
Reviews the February 2001 segment of the TV program "In the Life," which focuses on the accomplishments of African Americans as well as a threat to the community.
- The Man Behind Harry. // Time;7/11/1969, Vol. 94 Issue 2, p76
The article reports on the man behind the television program "TV Essay on Woman," anchored by Harry Reasoner on CBS. Accordingly, the TV Essays of Reasoner were written by nonfiction television writer Andrew Rooney who won an Emmy for his co-authorship of "Black America." Rooney explained that...
- Color Us Impressed. Peyser, Marc // Newsweek;3/6/2006, Vol. 147 Issue 10, p59
The article reviews the reality television show "Black. White."
- Trading Races. Keith, Amy Elisa // People;4/3/2006, Vol. 65 Issue 13, p58
The article looks at the cast on Fox's reality series "Black. White." where two families, one black and one white, swap skin colors and share a home for six weeks. Brian Sparks, his wife Renee, and his son Nick share the wakeup calls they experienced while they were a white family. Bruno...
- Docu-reality series "Black. White." breaks important TV ground. Carter, Richard // New York Amsterdam News;4/27/2006, Vol. 97 Issue 18, p10
The article presents information on the television documentary "Black. White," co-produced by rapper-actor Ice Cube and experienced documentarian R.J. Cutler. During its six-week run in March and April 2006 on FX cable in New York, this documentary-type reality miniseries turned out to be...
- Racial Stereotyping on Television: A Comparison of the Behavior of Both Black and White Television Characters. Reid, Pamela Trotman // Journal of Applied Psychology;Oct79, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p465
Television is a source of information that influences the formation of attitudes toward minority groups through its characterizations of them. This study investigated the behavior of both black and white characters on comedy programs to determine whether there were differences in their...
- Concerts on calendar at BET. Greppi, Michele // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;01/11/2000, Vol. 361 Issue 13, p14
Informs that United States cable television channel Black Entertainment Television will televise a series of concerts during Black History Month in February 2000 and Black Music Month in June. Headliners in the `heritage' series.
- TURNING THE TIDE ON RACE RELATIONS. Murray, Cecil // Television Week;1/22/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p24
The article commemorates the 30th anniversary of the television show "Roots," and how it changed race relations in the U.S. At the time "Roots" came on board, Alex Haley was really pointing American faces in a different direction. According to the author, white faces were turned and African...
- Blacks reveal TV loyalty. // Advertising Age;11/18/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 49, p28
This article reports that television viewing within black households is 48% higher than all other households in the U.S., according to data from Nielsen Media Research as of November 1991. The three highest-rated prime-time series among black audiences are A Different World, The Cosby Show, and...