Broadcast Television's Hard Bargainers
- Best Summer Yet for Cable Ratings. Hibberd, James // Television Week;8/1/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p4
Reports on the improvement in the performance of cable television networks in the U.S. in August 2005. List of television programs that contributed to the increase in the rating of the networks; Benefits of the television networks from the launch of scripted programming in the country; Overview...
- Carving out an audience. Sobel, Robert // Advertising Age;4/8/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 15, p43
Profiles three cable television networks in the U.S. and how they are keeping their businesses growing. ESPN; USA Network; Lifetime.
- Passage Promises Big Savings. Weinschenk, Carl // Communications Technology;Mar2003, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p12
Reports the opening of Passage cable television technology to the conditional access systems of second vendors. Savings from the technology; Significance of open standards; Negotiations with Sony, developer of the technology.
- Cable Network Directory. // Response;Apr2004, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p32
Presents a cable network directory in the U.S. ABC Family Channel; Access Television Network; American Movie Classics; Auction TV; The Beauty & Fashion Channel; B Mania Television Network; Cartoon Network; Catalog TV; Chronicle DTV; CLTV; CNN; CNNFN; CNN Headline News; Colours; Comedy Central;...
- Ad negatives to Sky Plus launch. Smith, Stuart // Marketing Week;8/26/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p3
Comments on the launch of new cable television networks and Sky Plus upgrade, Sky Plus160. Strategic management of ITV3 and ABC1; Advantages of Sky Plus160; Features of PVR.
- STUDY: CABLE THEFT DROPS. Triplett, William // Daily Variety;4/12/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 7, p18
Cites key research findings in the U.S. in 2005 indicating a decline in signal theft from cable companies.
- Disney's back to basic. Newbery, Charles // Daily Variety;5/4/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 21, p13
Reports that Disney Channel Latin America has shifted to basic in Argentina as part of the move away from the premium-only, advertising free-service it launched in the region between 2000-2001.
- ORG PULLS FIVE PIRATE CABLE CHANNELS. Mathur, Arti // Variety;6/14/2004, Vol. 395 Issue 5, p24
Reports on the decision of Pakistan to ban five cable television channels because they are not registered with the government-backed Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority, as of June 2004. Cable channels banned by the government; Efforts of the regulatory body to monitor cable operators.
- Programming. // CableFAX Daily;9/22/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 184, p3
The article presents news briefs related to the cable television industry in the U.S. as of September 2005. Information on the off-network rights of Warner Brothers acquired by ABC Family is included. The change in the name of Pax to i Sun is reported. The season 2 of reality documentary "Off to...