THE PUBLIC SQUARE
- Yea, though I walk through the valley. // Psychology Today;Nov/Dec93, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p9
Calls for smashing the last irrational and most fearsome taboo of planned death and thereby opening the floodgates of ...benefit for humankind. Excerpted from `Prescription: Medicide: The Goodness of Planned Death,' by Jack Kevorkian, M.D.
- Snuff film. Cohn, Jonathan // New Republic;12/14/98, Vol. 219 Issue 24, p6
Condemns Jack Kevorkian, a U.S. physician, for helping administer several assisted suicides. Television program where the suicides administered by Kevorkian were broadcast; Crime committed by Kevorkian under a Michigan law on assisted suicide; Study by Herbert Hendin, an opponent of...
- RESPONSES TO â€œA COMPARISON OF CHARACTERISTICS OF KEVORKIAN EUTHANASIA CASES AND PHYSICIAN-ASSISTED SUICIDES IN OREGONâ€. Girsh, Faye; Roscoe, Lori A.; Malphurs, Julie E.; Dragovic, L. J.; Cohen, Donna // Gerontologist;Dec2001, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p828
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "A Comparison of Characteristics of Kevorkian Euthanasia Cases and Physician-Assisted Suicides in Oregon," by L. A. Roscoe, J. A. Malphurs, L. J. Dragovic, and D. Cohen from the August 2001 issue on the difference between...
- Masks of Autonomy. Conley, John J. // Society;Jul/Aug92, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p11
Comments on euthanasia. View of Jack Kevorkian on the key value of his suicide machine; Opinion on Kevorkian's justification of medicide; Results of a study on the practice of active euthanasia in the Netherlands.
- Costs and Benefits of Medicide. Pallone, Nathaniel J. // Society;Jul/Aug92, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p34
Argues on issues surrounding medicide. Information on the murder case filed against Jack Kevorkian in Michigan; Opinion on the public morality in the U.S.
- THE SELLING OF DOCTOR DEATH. Betzold, Michael // New Republic;05/26/97, Vol. 216 Issue 21, p22
Investigates the truth behind the support of physician Jack Kevorkian for the practice of assisted suicide in the U.S. Career background of Kevorkian; Opinion on the interference of a medical expert to the desire of terminally-ill and disabled patients to die; His aims for performing...
- Human Euthanasia. Walsh, Colin // 21st Century;Feb98, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p10
The author reflects on the controversy over the practices of physician Jack Kevorkian, who has assisted terminally ill people to die through the use of euthanasia. The controversy arose because of the opposition of the U.S. judicial and medical community to assisted suicide. The author supports...
- Death with Dignity: A New Frontier on an Age-Old Issue. Goldberg, Rachel // B'nai B'rith Magazine;Winter2015, Vol. 129 Issue 4, p44
The article discusses efforts in legalizing of physician-assisted suicide that includes adoption of a law by California for prescribing life ending dosages, information on Oregon model for assisted suicide, and pathologist Jack Kevorkian's advocacy for the practice of physician-assisted suicide.
- What really died in Oregon. Neff, David // Christianity Today;01/12/98, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p16
Editorial. Presents information on how the people of Oregon approved the doctor assisted suicide introduced by Jack Kevorkian in the area. How the Catholic church and the pro-life organizations fought the measure; Effects of the assisted suicide to the society; Reports about assisted suicide.