TX Telco-TV Bill Won't Die
- Bill would gut cable television rate rules. McAvoy, Kim // Broadcasting & Cable;5/8/95, Vol. 125 Issue 19, p6
Presents an overview of the House Republican version of telecommunications-reform legislation. Deregulation of cable television rates; Permission for the regional Bell operating companies to provide long-distance service; Easing cable entry into telephony; Prohibiting local governments from...
- Cable values to come under pressure. // High Yield Report;07/26/99, Vol. 10 Issue 30, pN
Reports on the uncertainty facing cable companies in the United States, following the passage of an `open access' resolution in Florida requiring AT&T Corp. to allow other companies access to its cable communications infrastructure.
- FOR THE RECORD. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;9/13/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 34, p40
The article offers news briefs related to telecommunication, including the access of Verizon Communications FiOs television customers, subscribing to Cinemax, to MaxGo.com and Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers' announcement of speaker lineups for the two upcoming discussion panels at...
- With eye on telephony, cable turns other cheek. Stern, Christopher // Broadcasting & Cable;11/27/95, Vol. 125 Issue 48, p14
Reports on the American cable television industry's continued support for telecommunications legislation despite speculations that the industry is losing ground on the issues of rate deregulation, cable/telephone company buyout rules and video dialtone. Industry's willingness to absorb the...
- Jersey Bills Back OVS and Munis. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;4/29/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p76
Focuses on the bills that enable municipal to overbuilds and trim the term for renewals for entrenched cable operators in New Jersey. Calls for comment on the bill; Conditions for municipalities to move into cable business; Referral of bills to the senate commerce committee.
- Access Still Tops Cable's Legislative Agenda. Estrella, Joe; Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;12/04/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 49, p18
Reports the prioritization of open access legislation for the 2001 legislative agenda in the United States. Accounts on the bid to force AT&T to provide access to cable network in Henrico County; Impact of open access rules on cable operators; Proposal to allow the state Public Utilities...
- DBS, Consumer Group Pan NCTA Dereg Move. // Multichannel News;9/10/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 37, p83
Reports on the plea of the cable industry to the federal government to change its regulation of the industry in the United States. Criticism of the consumer advocate to the plea; Comment on the dominance of the industry in the pay-television market.
- Verizon Bill Moves in Del. // Multichannel News;6/16/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p31
The article reports that cable operators have withdrawn their opposition against a Delaware bill that would deregulate Verizon Communication's competitive telecommunications services. According to the article cable operators withdrew their opposition on the bill after Verizon agreed to...
- Telco Bills Re-Emerge. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;1/23/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p34
The article focuses on the reemergence of telephone company-supported efforts to reform cable franchise rules in the U.S. Cable lobbyists were able to convince lawmakers of the insufficient debate on telecommunications reform in Virginia. Verizon will seek operating authority from utility...