East Germany: Luther vs. Lenin
- Times of trial. Marty, Martin E. // Christian Century;11/14/2001, Vol. 118 Issue 31, p39
Focuses on the writings of Martin Luther in relation to the situations of Christians in 2001. Passages from the writings of Luther that reflects the current situations; Views of Luther about times of trial; Biblical passage that applies to people who are suffering.
- A Lutheran Perspective on Education. Sandsmark, Signe // Journal of Education & Christian Belief;Autumn2002, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p97
Presents information on the Lutheran thinking on education. Background on theologian Martin Luther; Discussion on Christian education; Details on the secular and spiritual models of government; Purposes of God for Christians.
- COBBLESTONE RESOURCES. // Calliope;May/Jun2012, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p44
The article reports that the issues related to the reformation are available from the website of Cobblestone Publishing Inc. which includes, one on monasteries, the other on Christianity and the third on the priest, Martin Luther.
- He Did not Save. // America;12/29/1917, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p295
The article asserts that the principle laid down by theologian Martin Luther, the principle of the private interpretation of the Bible, destroyed the cohesion of the body of the faithful under the rule and headship of one pastor. It contends that Luther's cardinal tenet that there is no other...
- Nurturing Mind and Soul. GALLI, MARK // Christianity Today;Dec2011, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p7
The author discusses the lack of knowledge about Christian doctrine by Christians. It describes the experience of theologian Martin Luther in finding the incompetence of Christians in Christian doctrine while visiting a local church. An overview of a Gallup study in 2004 on the familiarity of...
- Books. // Christian Century;8/2/95, Vol. 112 Issue 23, p754
Reviews the book `Luther's Prayers,' edited by Herbert Brokering.
- Little-known or remarkable facts about Martin Luther's later years. Galli, Mark // Christian History;1993, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p2
Presents little-known or remarkable facts about Martin Luther's later years. Marriage to Katherine von Bora; Description of eyes; Influence of Luther's German translation of the Bible on the German language.
- The forgotten years of Martin Luther. Miller, Kevin A. // Christian History;1993, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p6
Focuses on biographers' neglect of the later years of Martin Luther. Preference for Luther as the young, bold revolutionary; Efforts to build a new church; Mistakes.
- A monk marries. // Christian History;1993, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p24
Presents Martin Luther's wit and wisdom about marriage.