KICK 2 GOALS FOR $10M
- ESPNU Prepares For Kickoff. Becker, Anne // Broadcasting & Cable;2/28/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 9, p4
Reports on the television broadcasting by ESPN Inc. of shows that are devoted to college events in February 2005. Sports that will be aired on ESPN; Investigation on the company's practice of televising.
- Shooting and Scoring. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;5/23/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p25
Looks at the impact of reality-competition television programs on the ratings of ESPN Original Entertainment. Description of the television programs; Impact of the loss of National Hockey League playoff contests on the network; Outlook for the ratings of the network.
- Notable:. // CableFAX Daily;8/11/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 155, p4
The article announces the schedule of broadcast of "Little League World Series," on ESPN.
- TV sports ratings. // AutoWeek;02/22/99, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p4
Ranks television sports programs in the United States for the week ending February 7, 1999. Includes program; Rating; Audience share.
- Soccer scores record aud. Johnson, Debra // Daily Variety;6/24/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 16, p8
Reports on the British television ratings for the world championship soccer game between England and Brazil. Overall British audience.
- ON DECK. Greenberg, Steve // Sporting News;3/17/2008, Vol. 232 Issue 11, p5
The article lists several television programs related to sports to be aired during the week ahead March 15, 2008, including "Pistons at Cavaliers" on March 19 at 8 p.m. on ESPN, "Pros vs. Joes" on March 15 at 11 a.m. on Spike, and the National Collegiate Athletic Association women's selection...
- ESPN Ready To KIck Off Its First Dramatic Series. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;8/18/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 33, p14
Reports on the plan of Entertainment and Sports Programming Network (ESPN) to launch its television program 'Playmakers.' Theme of the television program; Reason behind launch of the program by ESPN; Efforts of ESPN to promote the television program.
- `X-games' get max air. Disckson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;06/22/98, Vol. 128 Issue 26, p44
Features the X Games television coverage of ESPN which uses vertical-leap technology to record skateboarding, biking and in-line skating in the United States. Facilities used by the company; Views of Jamie Reynolds, X Games coordinating producer.
- ESPN producers go to X-tremes. Anderson, Karen // Broadcasting & Cable;07/12/99, Vol. 129 Issue 29, p34
Focuses on the sports program `Summer X Games' of cable television network ESPN. Highlights of the game's 1999 edition held in San Francisco, California; Use of computer graphics during the coverage.