TAKING ON NO. 1
- There's No Coming Back From a Bad First Impression. Neel, K.C. // Cable World (10427228);9/8/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p10
Comments on the kind of customer service provided by companies in the cable television industry in the U.S. DirectTV; EchoStar; Comcast.
- Carriage. // CableFAX Daily;9/29/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 189, p1
The article presents news briefs concerning cable television broadcasting as of September 2005. Comcast will add AZN to its channel line-up in the Washington D.C. metro area by the end of September 2005. The Ultimate Shopping Network has expanded its broadcast to 24 hours daily on DirectTV.
- Puttin' on the Hits. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/14/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 46, p8
Focuses on the decision of cable television operators to include top-rating programs in their video-on-demand (VOD) services in the U.S. Factors that affect the interest of cable operators to include hit shows in their VOD offerings; Background on the deals entered into by Comcast and DirectTV;...
- DirecTV, Playboy Spice Up Adult PPV. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;5/12/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p23
The article reports on the plans of DirecTV Inc. to offer subscribers the chance to purchase five Playboy-owned PPV services on an a la carte basis, or to receive the group for one set price. In the year 2002, the direct-broadcast satellite provider began offering subscribers access to Playboy...
- Multichannel News Index (MNI). // Multichannel News;1/13/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p20
Statistics are presented on the Multichannel News Index (MNI) of Multiple-System Operators (MSO) like Comcast, Cablevision, and TimeWarner Cable, Programmers like AMC Networks, CBS, and Discovery Communications, and the Telephone companies AT&T, Sprint Nextel, and Verizon.
- This Just In. // Multichannel News;01/22/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p2
Reports on news and developments concerning the United States cable television industry. Transfer of weekly national baseball games aired on the Fox Sports Net to Fox Family Channel; EchoStar Communications Corp.'s denial of published reports that its Dish Network service plans to launch the...
- Satcasters poised to raise fees. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;1/27/2004, Vol. 382 Issue 16, p12
Satellite television giants DirecTV Inc. and EchoStar Communications Corp. are set to raise the monthly prices for some of their most popular programming packages in the coming weeks because of higher programming costs. EchoStar will slightly raise prices on some of its program packages starting...
- DBS providers set brisk pace. Colman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;01/11/99, Vol. 129 Issue 2, p70
Provides information on the growth of subscribers of several cable television (TV) networks in the United States. Information on DirecTV's sales; EchoStar's Dish Network; Acquisition plans of Primestar.
- NFL Net scores Adelphia. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;12/16/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 54, p5
This article reports that The company NFL Network continues to march toward the end zone of widespread coverage, landing a carriage deal with Adelphia Communications Corp., the fifth-largest cable operator in the U.S. When added to previous carriage agreements with Comcast Crop., DirecTV Inc.,...