The Decline and Fall of the Christian College (II)
- Old South, New South Clash on Vanderbilt's Campus. Hefner, David // Black Issues in Higher Education;2/27/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p12
Discusses the legal battle facing Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee, over its decision to remove the word 'Confederate' from a campus building that was partially built by descendants of the Confederate Army. Reasons behind the decision to remove the 'Confederate' word; Lawsuit filed...
- Bangor Seminary ending degree programs. Dart, John // Christian Century;2/20/2013, Vol. 130 Issue 4, p14
The article reports that as of 2013 Bangor Theological Seminary (BTS) was no longer granting graduate degrees. Problems facing the seminary are said to include a lack of finances, the loss of accreditation with the United Methodist Church, and a change in accrediting policy by the organization...
- 47th Quadriennial conference: AMEs gather with piety, politics. // New York Amsterdam News;7/1/2004, Vol. 95 Issue 27, p1
When African Methodist Episcopal delegates gather in Indianapolis, Indiana on June 30 to begin the 47th general conference, held every four years, they will worship, they will focus on the way they are governed and there will be great jockeying for power and position. They will determine their...
- Shadows of transformation: Inclusion and exclusion of academic staff at a university of technology. Hemson, C.; Singh, P . // South African Journal of Higher Education;2010, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p935
No abstract available.
- The University and Society. // America;3/11/1972, Vol. 126 Issue 10, p249
The author reflects on the relationship that has been developed between society and the university. The author argues that the university serves as a purveyor of commercialized entertainment and also serves as a way station on the trail of life. Disorientation and disaffection which occur among...
- A comparative survey of the impact of ethnicity and religious affiliation on the alienation of staff from their work environment in Nigerian universities. Nnekwu, Duvie Adanma // Research in Education;Nov2007, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p34
This study investigated the comparative influence of ethnicity and religious affiliation on the alienation of Nigerian university staff from their work environment. The influence of certain moderator variables such as the location of the university, gender, age, educational qualification, staff...
- Vanderbilt University unveils 2 avenues marketplace. // Food Management;Dec97, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p20
No abstract available.
- Vanderbilt courts college students with `Two Avenues' dining facility. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;09/29/97, Vol. 31 Issue 39, p45
Features the food court-type dining facility at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee. Student expenditures in the multiunit eatery during the first ten days of the semester; Responding to changes in students' taste profiles.
- Generating repeat business. // Food Management;Jul99, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p24
Reports on the approach of Vanderbilt University's foodservice department in Nashville, Tennessee, to generate repeat business. Promotion of a food outlet; Partnership of the department with a manufacturer.