Art and the Spirit
- Dialï¿½ctica y Libertad. Aizp�n, Teresa // Tï¿½picos. Revista de Filosofï¿½a;1994, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p33
Spirit, Freedom and Dialectic are frequently explained as if they were a whole. The spiritual movement, namely Freedom, is shown as a dialectical process. Apparently, there is no other solution when the Spirit is conceived as truth, as a plenitude that belongs to Spirit, but that it does not...
- The Invisible and the Visible Communicating with the Yin World. PENG MU // Asian Ethnology;2015, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p335
In the absence of the institutional propagation of religious knowledge, how do people form an understanding of the yin world (yinjian), the Chinese spiritual realm where ancestors, spirits, and ghosts dwell, in contrast to the yang world (yangjian) where we live? Based upon fieldwork conducted...
- THREE PERSPECTIVES ON A JOURNALISTIC APPROACH. // Journal for the Study of Religions & Ideologies;Dec2010, Vol. 9 Issue 27, p344
No abstract available.
- Introduction: The interface between Islamic and western pedagogies and epistemologies: Features and divergences. Diallo, Ibrahima // International Journal of Pedagogies & Learning;Dec2012, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p175
This paper is an overview of the interface between Islamic and western pedagogies and epistemologies in Muslim context. It shows that despite differences in pedagogies and epistemologies, education in both Islamic and western contexts were important domains in religious organisations. However,...
- The Diviner and the Scientist: Revisiting the Question of Alternative Standards of Rationality. Epstein, Brian // Journal of the American Academy of Religion;Dec2010, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p1048
Are the standards of reasoning and rationality in divination, religious practice, and textual exegesis different from those in the sciences? Can there be different standards of reasoning and rationality at all? The intense â€œrationality debateâ€ of the 1960s, 1970s, and 1980s focused...
- Religious Truth Seeing Things as They Really Are Experience, Insight, and Religious Stories1. Vroom, Hendrik M. // Currents of Encounter;2012, Vol. 46, p115
The article focuses on religious truth, insight and religious stories. It mentions that philosopher Auguste Comte attempted to form worldviews that meet empirical and scientific requirements to describe religious insights, but it described as scientific theories. It explores the nature of...
- Network News Bible study. Arnold, Earl // Network News;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p2
Focuses on the world in crisis. Apocalyptic proportions; Debates on the end of the world; Separation and marking-off of the faithful servants of God; Agenda of the church.
- Reflections on the agenda for transformation. Erickson, Theodore // Network News;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p3
Presents ideas on crisis theology. Persistence of slavery; Goal of a common humanity; Political, social and economic overtones; Danger and opportunity resulting from crisis; Calling to Christians.
- Sure we should question `religious dogma' and some other dogma while we're at it. Byfield, Ted; Byfield, Virginia // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;08/18/97, Vol. 24 Issue 36, p39
Discusses the need for people to question all religious dogma. Reaction to quotation by `Calgary Sun' columnist Bill Kaufman; How what matters about dogma is its truth; Use of dogma in Germany, England and France; Inability to know what motivates others and their use of dogma.