History in the Past Perfect
- Almayer's Defeat: The Trauma of Colonialism in Conrad's Early Work. Lane, Christopher // Novel: A Forum on Fiction;Summer99, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p401
Discusses the colonialism in the early works of writer Conrad. His depiction of the Western culture and the East; Perspective on interracial desire.
- Why Reading Matters. Hanson, Victor Davis // Hoover Digest: Research & Opinion on Public Policy;Summer2012, Issue 3, p164
The article presents a discussion related to Western civilization and Eastern European politics, adapted from the blog from Victor Davis Hanson.
- Bringing the War Home to the "Holler". Palm, Edward F. // War, Literature & the Arts: An International Journal of the Huma;Fall/Winter1998, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p239
Focuses on the moral vision of Vietnam literature. Emphasis on enhancing the chances of Vietnamese for survival; References of literary works on humanities; Highlights of Vietnam fiction on western civilization.
- AN INTRODUCTION: FORD AND FRANCE, FORD'S PROVENCE: APPRY LA GAIR FINNY. Lemarchal, Dominique // International Ford Madox Ford Studies;2011, Vol. 10, p17
The purpose of this introduction is to show how vital it was to Ford, after the war, to leave England, where he felt he could no longer breathe, and to settle in France for good. As a critic and editor, he took full advantage of the intellectual feast that was Paris in the 1920s, but Provence,...
- Not a piece of meat: Carol J. Adams and the feminist-vegetarian connection. Myers-Spiers, Rebecca // Off Our Backs;Dec99, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p6
Focuses on feminist writer Carol J. Adams. Career background; Background on Adams' theory which connects feminism with vegetarianism; Focus on the book `The Sexual Politics of Meat,' by Adams.
- The Sexual Politics of Meat (Book). Grenander, M.E. // NWSA Journal;Spring91, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p335
Reviews the book 'The Sexual Politics of Meat: A Feminist-Vegetarian Critical Theory,' by Carol J. Adams.
- Vegemaniacs. Anderson, Digby // National Review;11/1/1993, Vol. 45 Issue 21, p72
The article reviews the book "The Sexual Politics of Meat," by Carol Adams.
- The Sexual Politics of Meat: A Feminist-Vegetarian Critical Theory (Book). Miller, Beverly // Library Journal;1/1/1990, Vol. 115 Issue 1, p137
Reviews the book "The Sexual Politics of Meat: A Feminist-Vegetarian Critical Theory," by Carol J. Adams.
- MahÄ-maudgalyÄyana Visits Another Planet. // Religion East & West;Oct2005, Issue 5, p133
The article presents a translated text story from the "Scripture Which Is a Repository of Great Jewels," which narrates about the Venerable Maha-maudgalyayana, an enlightened disciple of the historical Buddha Sakyamuni, who travels to a distant solar system, to a planet inhabited by giant...