Undertakings and Promises: An Anatomy of Sexual Ethics
- Fidelity makes you happy. Jones, L. Gregory // Christian Century;09/09/98, Vol. 115 Issue 24, p832
Discusses the significance of sexual fidelity to society. Moral responsibilities associated with the practice of sexual fidelity; Physiological benefits of sexual fidelity; Religious definition of sexual fidelity.
- Prostitution and Moral Reform in the Borderlands: El Paso, 1890-1920. Gabbert, Ann R. // Journal of the History of Sexuality;Oct2003, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p675
Throughout the Progressive Era, communities in the U.S. redefined the boundaries of acceptable sexual behavior. Yet despite numerous moral reform efforts, the 1920 stance of El Paso, Texas on prostitution, the threefold system of registration, licensing fines, and health examinations was not...
- Reconstructing the Sex Ethic. Orton, William // New Republic;2/15/28, Vol. 53 Issue 689, p339
The article focuses on the social reformation of sexual ethics and cites the negative forces behind the transformation. One of these forces is the temper of cynical realism engendered by war in many youthful survivors. A less reassuring influence working in the negative sense arises from the...
- Christian Faith and Sexual Relationships. H.S. // ONE;Apr60, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p21
This article examines the relationship between Christian faith and sexual relationships. The main concern of the Church, when it is being true to itself, has always been to foster the relationship of the individual Christians with God, and to set forth this relationship as the most important...
- Orgasm Everlasting. Helminiak, Daniel // White Crane;Fall2003, Issue 58, p9
Focuses on the spiritual aspects of sexual desire. Information on Christian belief on sexuality; Discussion of Christian resurrection.
- Private or intimate relations between doctor and patient: is zero tolerance warranted? Spiegel, W.; Colella, T.; Lupton, P. // Journal of Medical Ethics;Jan2005, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p27
This article reviews and comments on the five categories of arguments used to defend zero tolerance with regard to sexual contacts resulting from the physician-patient relationship as summarised by Cullen. In addition it puts forward a hypothesis--"fear of loss by third party"--as a...
- This Way To Hotter Sex. Castagnoli, Francesca // Self;Sep2010, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p156
The article presents information related to sex life. It explores the author's marriage and sexual life including the problems that she had encountered with her husband. It also mentions different sex-related problems along with the appropriate solutions from several experts. Several scenarios...
- "Whaddya mean pull your hair?". Ironside, Melissa // Cleo;Apr2005, Issue 390, p50
Explains the reason behind some of men's unusual sex habits.
- Reflections on gender studies. // Academe;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p9
Focuses on the increasing respect for gender studies in the United States, with reference to the creation of a chair in gender studies by the Harvard Graduate School of Education. Reference to Carol Gilligan's researches in gender studies; Comments from Abby Stewart, a professor of psychology...