The Vatican and the State of Israel
- Knights of Columbus Set Record for Giving, Service. // America;7/30/2007, Vol. 197 Issue 3, p8
The article reports that the Knights of Columbus, the largest lay Catholic organization in the world, has announced that it set new records for charitable giving and volunteer service in 2006. Data showed that their total contributions to charities reached close to $144 million. Information...
- IN BRIEF. // Our Sunday Visitor;12/27/2015, Vol. 104 Issue 35, p3
No abstract available.
- The Cardinal Gibbons Institute. // America;2/9/1929, Vol. 40 Issue 18, p421
The author talks about the founding and the advocacy of the Cardinal Gibbons Institute. In 1924, Baltimore Archbishop Curley and Admiral Benson headed the work plans to build the institute which aims to provide a venue to train African-American men and women to enhance the status of colored race...
- 'God guided them to the monastery'. Chittister, Joan // National Catholic Reporter;4/17/2009, Vol. 45 Issue 13, p21
The article discusses issues involving Catholicism around the world. It cites the travel of popes to different countries worldwide, attracting the crowds that turn out to see a visiting pope as a mark of the health and vibrancy of the church. It cites the move of religious groups such as Call to...
- OBEDIENCE IN A TROUBLED CHURCH Church, Conscience, Authority, Obedience, Freedom, Christian Destiny. Orsy, Ladislas // Catholic New Times;6/6/2011, p16
The article presents an exposition composed of insights for debate using questions and answers related to the state of the Church, persons with conscience, and Christian destiny, among others.
- Security consultants warn Jewish institutions on cyberattacks. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;4/17/2015, p1
WASHINGTON (JTA) -- The security arm of the American Jewish community urged Jewish organizations to review cyber security measures after a number of attacks.
- Rand Paul's Jewish outreach finds receptive if wary audience. Kampeas, Ron // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;5/13/2014, p1
WASHINGTON (JTA) -- Can Rand Paul woo his party's Jews?
- Program to support Jewish 'post-startups'. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;5/ 7/2014, p1
NEW YORK (JTA) - A New York-based program focused on incubating startup Jewish organizations is expanding to assist some â€œpost-startups.â€
- South African Jewish groups: Israel should have given visa to education minister. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;4/28/2015, p1
(JTA) - Two South African Jewish organizations criticized Israel for refusing an entry visa to South Africa's minister of higher education.