THE REVOLUTION STOPS HERE
- THE AGE OF SPONG. Murchison, William // National Review;10/14/88, Vol. 40 Issue 20, p52
Reviews the book "Living in Sin: A Bishop Rethinks Human Sexuality," by John Shelby Spong.
- Methodist Flip-flop On Pro-Gay Book. Freiberg, Peter // Advocate;5/24/88, Issue 499, p16
Reports on the decision of the United Methodist Church to publish a book by Episcopal bishop John Spong outlining his views on sexuality, entitled 'Living in Sin? A Bishop Rethinks Human Sexuality.' Bishop's strong pro-gay views; Publishers offering to publish the book.
- Living in Sin? (Book). Chase, Elise // Library Journal;6/1/1988, Vol. 113 Issue 10, p122
Reviews the book 'Living in Sin?: A Bishop Rethinks Human Sexuality,' by John Shelby Spong.
- Out of the closet, into the chancel. Throop, J.R. // Christianity Today;11/4/88, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p49
Book review of `Living in Sin? A Bishop Rethinks Human Sexuality,' by Episcopal bishop John S. Spong. Spong proposes changes in the church's historic position on sexual morality. He supports the cohabitation of couples without marriage, the blessing of homosexual unions, and the blessing of...
- BISHOP PIKE'S RETURN ENGAGEMENT. Neuhaus, Richard John // National Review;7/8/1988, Vol. 40 Issue 13, p26
Profiles Episcopal Bishop James Pike. Quest for new spiritualities; Death; Insights from the book "Living in Sin?," by John Spong; Spong's views on sex and religion; Criticisms of Jews and fundamentalists; Breakdown of the family among the poor in Newark, New Jersey.
- Resources: Books About Being Gay and Christian. // Whosoever;Sep/Oct96, pN.PAG
Presents information on books about Christians and gays. "Living in Sin?: A Bishop Rethinks Human Sexuality," by John Shelby Spong; "Stranger at the Gate: One Man's Struggle With Homophobia and the Religious Right," by Mhel White; "Taking a Chance on God," by John J. McNeill.
- NEW JERSEY N. J. Catholic bishops campaign against same-sex marriage. // Gay & Lesbian Times;9/3/2009, Issue 1132, p20
The article presents the issue of New Jersey based Roman Catholic bishops campaigning to oppose same-sex marriage.
- Catholic bishops call Mass. ruling 'national tragedy'. // Gay & Lesbian Times;12/4/2003, Issue 832, p24
Reports that Roman Catholic bishops in Massachusetts claim that a state court decision support gay marriage could deplete further the institution of marriage. Allegation that the decision promotes divisions in society; Marriage as a gift of God; Claim that bishops are confusing civil and...
- OUTRAGE OF THE WEEK! // Gay & Lesbian Times;2/7/2008, Issue 1050, p18
The article reports on the statement released by the Bishop's Conference urging people to vote against electoral parties who favor same-sex marriage or parties who negotiates with armed separatists in Spain.