AMBUSHED ON THE ROAD TO DAMASCUS
- Correspondence. Arnhart, Larry; Murtaugh, Charles; Oakes, Edward T.; Damian, Theodor; Horowitz, Irving Louis; Rodin, Ernst; Brickner, David; Kraynak, Robert P.; Galston, William A.; Voss, Todd E.; Secker, Philip J.; Hein, David; Rinderknecht, Joseph; Hansen, Don; Doerflinger, Richard; Hauerwas, Stanley // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Feb2002, Issue 120, p2
Presents letters to the editor published in 'The First Things' as of February 2002. Scrutiny on the rhetorical views of Benjamin Wiker on his article 'Darwin and the Descent of Morality'; Comments on the theological views of Thomas G, Weinandy 'Does God Suffer?; Overview of the responses.
- How to Read A Page: Modernism and Material Textuality. Bornstein, George // Studies in the Literary Imagination;Spring99, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p29
Discusses modernism and material textuality. Radical implications of literary study of editorial theory; Important issues of what constitutes the text; Condition that may apply to the reproduction of literary texts; Information on the idea of multiple authorized versions.
- Textual Criticism and Theology. Parker, David // Expository Times;Sep2007, Vol. 118 Issue 12, p583
For various reasons, the topics of textual criticism and theology are disconnected. The importance of reuniting them is explored with reference to: the concept of the original text, theologically motivated textual variation, concepts of orthodoxy, and the texts as historical documents. This...
- Small Wars, Big Wars: Security Debates During Israel's First Decade. Bar-On, Mordechai // Israel Studies;Fall2000, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p107
Focuses on the description of Israel in the first decade depicted in the book formulated by Morris. Criticisms on the overall plot of the story related to policy-makers and contemporary political discourses; Overview of the story depicted; Scrutiny on the issues involving the conflicts in Gaza...
- LA LUCHA DEL PUEBLO POR LA LEY: UNA NUEVA PROPUESTA DE LECTURA DEL FRAGMENTO 22 B 44 DK DE HERÃCLITO. SÁNCHEZ, RAÚL CABALLERO // Exemplaria Classica;2012, Vol. 16, p3
In this paper we discuss the main interpretations that scholars have given to Heraclitus's fragment B 44, and offer a new emendation on the grounds of what it is known about the political life of Ephesus and the role Heraclitus has played in it.
- THE OXYRHYNCHUS NEW TESTAMENT PAPYRI: "NOT WITHOUT HONOR EXCEPT IN THEIR HOMETOWN"? Epp, Eldon Jay // Journal of Biblical Literature;Spring2004, Vol. 123 Issue 1, p5
Presents an expanded version of a speech by Eldon Jay Epp, president of the Society of Biblical Literature, at the annual meeting of the Society of Biblical Literature on November 22, 2003. Traditional and new goals of textual criticism; New testament Papyri in their cultural and intellectual...
- WHO WAS THE CHRONICLER'S AUDIENCE? A HINT FROM HIS GENEALOGIES. Levin, Yigal // Journal of Biblical Literature;Summer2003, Vol. 122 Issue 2, p229
Presents a study which examined the authorship of the book of Chronicles in terms of its social and idealistic presentation of text on biblical genealogies. Assessment of literature on biblical genealogies; Functions of oral genealogies; Uniqueness of the Chronicler's genealogies.
- WHAT WAS DOEG THE EDOMITE'S TITLE? TEXTUAL EMENDATION VERSUS A COMPARATIVE APPROACH TO 1 SAMUEL 21:8. Aster, Shawn Zelig // Journal of Biblical Literature;Summer2003, Vol. 122 Issue 2, p353
Compares the textual presentation of God's name as Doeg the Edomite with the approach utilized in 1 Samuel 21:8. Criticisms on the medieval Jewish approaches; Conjectural textual emendation; Analysis of the Neo-Assyrian and Ugaritic texts.
- What the Preacher Forgot: The Rhetoric of Ecclesiastes. Miller, Douglas B. // Catholic Biblical Quarterly;Apr2000, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p215
Presents a rhetorical analysis on the book of Ecclesiastes from the Old Testament of the Bible. Discussion on different context of King Solomon in the gospel; Views on the lessons and teachings on faith provided by the biblical reading.