SINGING THE SONG OF MYSELF
- Obituaries. // Graham Leader;12/7/2016, Vol. 141 Issue 33, p2
No abstract available.
- Choosing to be Buddhist. Curry, Andrew // U.S. News & World Report;5/6/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 15, p46
Reports on Buddhist worship in the United States. Popularity of Buddhism among Americans; Statement that while some Buddhist services have been Americanized, others retain traditional rituals; Perception that American culture has the power to shape religions that take root in the U.S.
- The CMSM Meeting: Follow-Up. // America;8/8/1970, Vol. 123 Issue 3, p63
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the article "A Vision of American Religious Life," by William J. Byron, in the July 11, 1970 issue.
- Graham on the U.S. // Christian Century;4/22/92, Vol. 109 Issue 14, p423
Reports that evangelist Billy Graham contends that committed Christians are in a minority in the United States, and he does not consider it to be a Christian nation. He spoke to 400 students at Kim II Sung University in North Korea; US a pluralistic country; More.
- Reclaiming Virtue: How We Can Develop the Moral Intelligence to Do the Right Thing at the Right Time for the Right Reason. Bush, Vanessa // Booklist;4/15/2009, Vol. 105 Issue 16, p6
Reviews the book "How We Can Develop the Moral Intelligence to Do the Right Thing at the Right Time for the Right Reason: Reclaiming Virtue" by John Bradshaw
- Reclaiming Virtue: How We Can Develop the Moral Intelligence to Do the Right Thing at the Right Time for the Right Reason. // Publishers Weekly;2/23/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 8, p44
The article reviews the book "Reclaiming Virtue: How We Can Develop the Moral Intelligence to Do the Right Thing at the Right Time for the Right Reason," by John Bradshaw.
- The seeker next door. Mercadante, Linda // Christian Century;5/30/2012, Vol. 129 Issue 11, p30
The article presents an examination into the worldview of people who are "spiritual but not religious" (SBNR) in 21st-century U.S. society. Introductory comments are given describing the growth and size of this religious demographic in the nation. Comments are then given describing common...
- In Search of The Spiritual. Adler, Jerry; Underwood, Anne; Whitford, Ben; Chung, Juliet; Juarez, Vanessa; Berrett, Dan; Ali, Lorraine // Newsweek;9/5/2005, Vol. 146 Issue 9/10, p46
Presents a special report looking at the issue of spirituality in the United States. Suggestion that Americans are looking for personal, ecstatic experiences of God; Review of how Americans appeared to be growing distant from spirituality a generation ago; Discussion of how Protestantism and...
- The Long and Winding Road. Marty, Martin E. // Newsweek;9/5/2005, Vol. 146 Issue 9/10, p65
Presents the author's views on American spirituality. View that America is growing continually diverse it its religious beliefs and practices; Overview of America's spiritual history; Review of how faith in America has motivated activism; Discussion of how many modern Americans describe...