Peace Dividends & the Progressive Paradigm
- Morality, maximization, and economic behavior. Isaac, Alan G. // Southern Economic Journal;Jan97, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p559
Opinion. Examines the relationship between moral motivations and the neoclassical paradigm. Information on moral commitments; Details on the neoclassical paradigm; Discussion on motivation and economic models.
- The Internal Morality of Clinical Medicine: A Paradigm for the Ethicsof the Helping and Healing Professions. Pellegrino, Edmund D. // Journal of Medicine & Philosophy;Dec2001, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p559
The moral authority for professional ethics in medicine customarily restsin some source ï¿½externalï¿½ to medicine, i.e., a pre-existing philosophicalsystem of ethics or some form of social construction, like consensus or dialogue.Rather, ï¿½internalï¿½ morality is grounded in the...
- The Optimal Size of Public Spending and the Distortionary Cost of Taxation. Ng, Yew-Kwang // National Tax Journal;Jun2000, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p253
Offers to reconcile the apparent inconsistency concerning central public finance and partly to consider some other relevant issues affecting the appropriate benefit/cost ratio for and the optimal level of public spending. Conventional view of economists regarding the central public finance;...
- Enhancing the effectiveness of public spending. // OECD Economic Surveys: Finland;Mar2003, Vol. 2003 Issue 3, p57
Focuses on the enhancement of public spending in Finland as of March 2003. Forces that shape public spending developments; Maintenance of aggregate fiscal discipline; Public expenditure issues in local government.
- Most read this week... // Personnel Today;6/15/2010, p2
The article offers information on most read online articles including one on fake fit-notes, public spending cuts in Great Britain and a guide for employment-related World Cup issues.
- The Ohio Budget. // Economic Trends (07482922);Feb2002, p15
Presents the proposed budget for Ohio for 2002 and 2003. Restrictions on the ways of spending the budget; Priorities of the executive branch of the state government; Establishment of a budget stabilization fund by the governor.
- Placing the blame where it belongs. Cantor // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/24/99, Vol. 46 Issue 52, p47A
Comments on the budget crisis in Nassau County, New York. Proposals by county executives said to unfairly target the working poor; Property tax assessment system; Call for reform of the process in which the budget is presented; Importance of studying the budget and its nuances.
- The briefing. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;3/19/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 4619, p50
The article informs that Alistair Darling, Chancellor of Great Britain, has said that the government will spend money to support the economy and keep people in jobs, but there will be no "giveaway" in the forthcoming budget.
- Europe the unready. Maclay, Michael // Public Finance;03/12/99, p18
Focuses on the implications of European Union (EU) enlargement for the region's public spending policy. Impossibility of extending the Common Agricultural Policy and the funding of less developed regions as the EU continues to expand; Public finance problems that may possibly occur with the...