- NOMINALIZEM IN HISTORIZEM. Toth, Cvetka Hedžet // Anthropos: Casopis za Psihologijo in Filozofijo ter za Sodelovan;2012, Vol. 44 Issue 3/4, p9
The contribution addresses the basic tenets of American philosopher Richard Rorty (1931-2007), paying special attention to the concepts of hope, utopia, solidarity and possibility of ethics in most recent times, marked after 1989 by locust capitalism. VcTth his radical leftist and Trockist...
- Contingency, Irony and Morality: A Critical Review of Rorty's Notion of the Liberal Utopia. Coombs, Wehan Murray // Humanities (2076-0787);Jun2013, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p313
This paper introduces Richard Rorty's notion of the liberal ironist and his vision of a liberal utopia and explores the implications of these for philosophical questions concerning morality, as well as morality in general. Rorty's assertions of the contingency of language, society and self are...
- Postcolonial Literature and 'Event of Fiction'. // Nature, Culture & Literature;2013, Vol. 9, p69
The article discusses the concept of classifying postcolonial literary texts as events or semiotic acts and the integration of both categories. Topics include the theory of Terry Eagleton on the utopian aspect of literary form, the argument of philosopher Richard M. Rorty about the importance of...
- Liberty, Equality, and Diversity: Some Reflections on Rorty. Schick, Frederic // Social Research;Summer92, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p297
Discusses the message of Richard Rorty and of what basis it has on his work as well as reports on his philosophy itself. `Contingency, Irony, and Solidarity'; Initial topic of language; Core contention is that only sentences can be true; Final-vocabularies theory; Comments.
- A postmodernist John Dewey? // Wilson Quarterly;Summer94, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p139
Presents a survey of articles on Richard Rorty. Claims on Deweyan pragmatism; Rejection of foundational epistemology; Sketching out of Rorty's thinking.
- Shattering philosophy's mirror. Marino, Gordon D. // Commonweal;5/6/94, Vol. 121 Issue 9, p11
Features American philosopher Richard Rorty. Rorty's role in the debate over foundationalism in epistemology and ethics; Need for philosophy to underwrite views of justice, knowledge and other things; Extent to which philosophical theories are driven by metaphors; Biography; Educational...
- The ironic politics of Richard Rorty. Buscemi, William I. // Review of Politics;
Examines the political philosophy of Richard Rorty. Antifoundationalist developments in philosophy; Readability of Rorty; Reality and science, self and society; Response to charges of `relativity' as self-refuting and corrosive moral values; Rorty's views as a coherent whole despite apparent...
- Philosophy for consenting adults. // Wilson Quarterly;Spring90, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p128
Focuses on philosopher Richard Rorty. Reputation; Career history; Criticisms. INSET: The beginning of the end..
- Remembering Richard Rorty. Bromwich, David // Raritan;Winter2008, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p74
An obituary for philosopher Richard Rorty is presented.