ON JESUIT EDUCATION
- Fr. Kolvenbach, former Jesuit superior, dies in Beirut. // National Catholic Reporter;12/16/2016, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p8
An obituary is presented for Jesuit Father Peter-Hans Kolvenbach.
- Jesuit General Prepares for Resignation in 2008. // America;2/20/2006, Vol. 194 Issue 6, p6
The article reports on the decision of Peter-Hans Kolvenbach to resign as superior general of the Society of Jesus in 2008. A general congregation composed of representatives from the 91 Jesuit provinces in the world will convene on January 5, 2008 and elect Kolvenbach's successor. Kolvenbach...
- Hundreds from Jesuit-run colleges discuss racism, poverty at teach-in. // National Catholic Reporter;3/23/2007, Vol. 43 Issue 21, p3
Information about several issues related to racism, poverty, and social service works discussed during the gatherings of Jesuit colleges and universities on March 9-11, 2007 in New Orleans, Louisiana is presented. The said event is supported by more than 500 students across the region. It also...
- Jesuits to Choose New Leader. // America;1/21/2008, Vol. 198 Issue 2, p7
The article focuses on the upcoming retirement of Peter-Hans Kolvenbach as the superior general of the Society of Jesus. Kolvenbach has convened his fellow Jesuits concerning his retirement during their 35th General Congregation in the Church of Gesu, Rome on January 7, 2008. After their mass,...
- Head Jesuit calls for new liberation theology. // Christian Century;10/29/97, Vol. 114 Issue 30, p970
Reports on the call for a new liberation theology by Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, father-general of the Society of Jesus. Criticism of neoliberal economic systems; Contribution of liberation theology; Comments by Kolvenbach in an interview with Catholic KIPA news agency.
- An interview with Peter-Hans Kolvenbach. Giacomelli, R.; Neame, A. // America;9/29/1990, Vol. 163 Issue 8, p182
Interviews Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, Superior General of the Society of Jesus. History of the order now celebrating its 450th anniversary; Challenges faced; Declining membership; Relationship with Pope John Paul II; Thoughts on liberation theology;Role of the Society in the modern world; Future of...
- True Solidarity. Kolvenbach, Peter-Hans // America;02/05/2001, Vol. 184 Issue 3, p8
Presents an excerpt of the speech given by Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, Jesuit superior general, during the Society of Jesus 32nd General Congregation held at Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, California on October 5-8, 2000 which focused on issues of faith and justice.
- The Jesuit general on the synod. // America;12/10/1994, Vol. 171 Issue 18, p6
Interviews Reverend Peter-Hans Kolvenbach regarding the Synod of Bishops on the Consecrated Life held on October 2-29, 1994. Link between the apostolic charisma of religious orders to the Second Vatican Council's `Dogmatic Constitution on the Church'; Synod's impact on the Society of Jesus;...
- 'Let Us Look Together to Christ' McDermott, Jim // America;11/26/2007, Vol. 197 Issue 17, p9
An interview with Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, the 29th superior general of the Society of Jesus, is presented. When asked about his life in the Netherlands during World War II, Kolvenbach refers to war experience, particularly violent defense of the nearby German border and the atomic attack in...