ON JESUIT EDUCATION
- THE INTELLECTUAL DIMENSION OF JESUIT MINISTRIES. Kolvenbach, Peter-Hans // Forum Philosophicum;2003, Vol. 8, p5
Presents the text of remarks given by Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, superior general of the Society of Jesus held on May 20, 2002, which deals with the nature and mission of Jesuit ministries in higher educational institutions.
- El paradigma universitario Ledesma-Kolvenbach. Agúndez, Melecio Agúndez // Revista de Fomento Social;oct-dic2008, Vol. 63 Issue 252, p603
This first article, which synthesises the whole issue, briefly describes the university model which its author baptizes as the "Ledesma - Kolvenbach paradigm". The corresponding presentation was a means of approaching the panorama and setting the pace of the later seminars. The i+m in the title...
- True Solidarity. Kolvenbach, Peter-Hans // America;02/05/2001, Vol. 184 Issue 3, p8
Presents an excerpt of the speech given by Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, Jesuit superior general, during the Society of Jesus 32nd General Congregation held at Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, California on October 5-8, 2000 which focused on issues of faith and justice.
- Breathing Space. MIKULICH, ALEX // America;10/26/2015, Vol. 213 Issue 12, p14
The article discusses the role of U.S. Jesuit institutions, including universities and colleges, in anti-racist activism. Topics include the role of higher education in the purportedly unequal treatment of African-American and Hispanic American students, the role of Jesuit education in...
- Head Jesuit calls for new liberation theology. // Christian Century;10/29/97, Vol. 114 Issue 30, p970
Reports on the call for a new liberation theology by Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, father-general of the Society of Jesus. Criticism of neoliberal economic systems; Contribution of liberation theology; Comments by Kolvenbach in an interview with Catholic KIPA news agency.
- Choosing the Middle Way. // Time;9/26/1983, Vol. 122 Issue 13, p69
The article profiles reverend Peter-Hans Kovenbach, elected as the new leader of Jesuits. Kolvenbach is a Dutch priest who was born in Druten, Holland and is highly respected for his scholarship, piety and skills as a prudent diplomat. He went to Lebanon as a missionary in 1958 and earned a...
- Jesuit General Prepares for Resignation in 2008. // America;2/20/2006, Vol. 194 Issue 6, p6
The article reports on the decision of Peter-Hans Kolvenbach to resign as superior general of the Society of Jesus in 2008. A general congregation composed of representatives from the 91 Jesuit provinces in the world will convene on January 5, 2008 and elect Kolvenbach's successor. Kolvenbach...
- Humanitas: la persona en el centro del proceso de formaciÃ³n. Giménez, Albert Florensa // Revista de Fomento Social;oct-dic2008, Vol. 63 Issue 252, p671
One of the four principles that characterise higher education of the Society of Jesus in the so-called "Ledesma-Kolvenbach paradigm" is "humanitas", the humanist dimension. Father Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, Superior General of the Society of Jesus from 1983 to 2008, affirms that university formation...
- Hundreds from Jesuit-run colleges discuss racism, poverty at teach-in. // National Catholic Reporter;3/23/2007, Vol. 43 Issue 21, p3
Information about several issues related to racism, poverty, and social service works discussed during the gatherings of Jesuit colleges and universities on March 9-11, 2007 in New Orleans, Louisiana is presented. The said event is supported by more than 500 students across the region. It also...