The Return of the Catholic Whig
- Human Rights, Dignity and Freedom: An Orthodox Perspective. Slavcheva, Kameliya // Baptistic Theologies;2011, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p115
When as Christians we engage with human rights, we can give a new meaning to the basis of this concept. So it is that we must return to these questions: What is a human being? What is their nature? What is their purpose and meaning on earth? In this paper these questions are engaged with based...
- The Liberty of the Church: Source, Scope, and Scandal. MCKINLEY BRENNAN, PATRICK // Journal of Contemporary Legal Issues;2013, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p165
The article discusses religious freedom in the U.S. and the liberty of the Catholic Church doctrine (libertas Ecclesiae) as of April 2013, focusing on the U.S. Supreme Court, philosopher John Rawls, and the relationships between the Catholic Church and various civil ruling authorities. Other...
- PROYECTO DE LEY REGULADORA DE LOS DERECHOS DE LA PERSONA ANTE EL PROCESO FINAL DE LA VIDA. // Vida y Ã‰tica;2011, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p205
No abstract available.
- Summary of Catholic Social Teaching Themes. // CCPA Monitor;Oct2009, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p25
The article offers summary on the themes of Catholic social teaching which include dignity of the human person, stewardship of God's creation, and economic justice. It notes that dignity of the person is the foundation of the Catholic social teaching. Christian stewardship cites that the way the...
- Human rights--basic needs. // New Internationalist;Jan/Feb98, Issue 298, p33
Presents statistical information on human rights, highlighting the basic needs of populations World Wide. Details on the United Nations Human Development Report on poverty; Statistical information on the status of education; Statistical data on healthcare globally.
- Having More by Making Less is Still Bunk! // Saturday Evening Post;7/31/1948, Vol. 221 Issue 5, p96
The article comments on the change in the attitude toward a man's economic rights in the U.S. It explains the cause of the change. It argues that few workers have much opportunity to understand the real significance of what they do every day. It claims that the good things experienced by...
- BROADLY SPEAKING. Lacovara, Philip Allen // Commonweal;7/13/2012, Vol. 139 Issue 13, p2
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "The Bishops & Religious Liberty" in the June 15, 2012 issue.
- BROADLY SPEAKING. // Commonweal;7/13/2012, Vol. 139 Issue 13, p4
A response by the editors to a letter to the editor about the article "The Bishops & Religious Liberty," that appeared in the July 13, 2012 issue is presented.
- World Catholic Press. CULHANE, EUGENE K. // America;12/21/1957, Vol. 98 Issue 12, p363
The article discusses issues related to the Catholic Church that were published in various religious periodicals as of December 1957. One article in "Stimmen Der Zeit" stresses a reluctance to examine the extent of freedom in the church. An article in "Testimonio," suggests ways to improve the...