For the Religious Freedom Restoration Act
- Freedom for Christians. // America;5/19/2008, Vol. 198 Issue 17, p4
The author comments on the issue concerning the advancement of freedom of religion in Turkey. It is pointed out that the freedom of religion in the country is limited, despite of the encouraging movement. It inflects that much remains to be done at the level of law and justice, and at the deeper...
- Senate passes bill banning partial-birth abortion. Donovan, Gill // National Catholic Reporter;3/28/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 21, p12
Reports that the U.S. Senate has passed the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban. Author of the bill; Contents; Statement of U.S. President George W. Bush released after the vote.
- On Capitol Hill, abortion battle intensifies on many fronts. Goodrich, Lawrence J. // Christian Science Monitor;9/9/98, Vol. 90 Issue 200, p4
Discusses some of the battles concerning abortion in the United States Congress in 1998. Efforts by abortion opponents to find a neutral government which neither promotes nor funds abortion; Why abortion rights supporters feel that the abortion opponents are working to erode public support for...
- Congress expected to approve abortion procedure ban. Krisberg, Kim // Nation's Health;May2003, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p7
Deals with the expectation that the U.S. Senate would approve the abortion procedure ban in the country. Provisions included in the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act of 2003; Protest plans for the enactment of the law; Constitutional issues associated with the legislation.
- First shots of another grim battle. Swanson, K.C. // National Journal;2/15/97, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p326
Reports on the prioritized discussion of the Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act in the senate sessions as of February 15, 1997 in the United States. Declaration from the senate majority leader Trent Lott; Description of the bill; Views from Kathryn Kolbert, vice president of the Center for...
- Senate drops House restrictions on abortion funding. // Human Events;12/15/95, Vol. 51 Issue 48, p22
Reports on the US Senate's rejection of a previously passed abortion-related Senate amendment to the Fiscal 1996 Foreign Operations Bill (HR 1868). Restrictions set by the US House on abortion funding; Remarks of senators regarding the issue.
- House passes international abortion restrictions. // Human Events;06/20/97, Vol. 53 Issue 23, p22
Reports on US House's approval of an amendment to the State Department authorization legislation that would place restrictions on funding for abortions overseas. Proponents of the legislation; Representatives who voted for and against the bill.
- "Partial-Birth" Ban Advances in Congress As Court Mulls Legality. // Adolescent Care Standards & State CHIP Efforts;Jun2000, p12
The article reports on the move of the U.S. Congress to pass a legislation banning a partial-birth abortion in the U.S.
- Democrats yield to pro-lifers. Conniff, Ruth // Progressive;Sep98, Vol. 62 Issue 9, p11
Focuses on a rampage of Republicans in the United States House and Senate to restrict abortion. Number of bills passed to limit reproductive choice for women; Significant gains made by pro-lifers; Provisions of the Child Custody Protection Act; Ironies of the abortion debate.