FADE TO BLACK
- Herzog gets to the bottom of 'Loch Ness'. Kit, Zorianna // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;7/1/2003, Vol. 379 Issue 17, p1
Award-winning filmmaker Werner Herzog is embarking on his next project: "The Enigma of Loch Ness." The film, which Herzog will direct and produce, is a documentary that will explore the myth of the Loch Ness monster. Principal photography is set to begin in the Loch Ness area of Scotland in late...
- CLOSE ENCOUNTERS. Teodoro, José // Cinema Scope;Spring2011, Issue 46, p33
An interview with film director Werner Herzog is presented. When asked on what inspires him to make the film "Cave of Forgotten Dreams," he states that his passion on cave paintings and the book about cave art during his childhood has given him strong interest in such type of film. Herzog points...
- WERNER HERZOG. Gnerre, Andrew // MovieMaker;2009 Guide Making Movies, Vol. 15 Issue 77, p20
The article profiles Werner Herzog, a world moviemaker whose successes have been internationally heralded in 2009. It includes background information on Herzog and his career as a filmmaker, as well as a description of his most notable film credits. Also cited are the issues' implications for...
- Herzog celebrated. Vivarelli, Nick // Daily Variety;1/10/2008, Vol. 298 Issue 4, p4
The article reports on the developments related to the National Film Museum in Turin, Italy. It is stated that the museum is paying homage to German film director Werner Herzog. The museum, headed by Alberto Barbera, will also honor Herzog's 45-year career with a gala concert titled "Requiem for...
- How Werner Herzog, shoe-eating outlaw, became film's most audacious auteur. Hill, Logan // New York;6/13/2005, Vol. 38 Issue 21, p107
Profiles motion picture director Werner Herzog. Career and personal background; Titles of motion pictures he released; Awards and achievements received in movie making.
- The wanderings of Werner Herzog. Atkinson, Michael // Film Comment;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p16
Profiles film director Werner Herzog. Work methods and personal philosophy; Notables films; Criticisms against the contextual bizarreness of his documentaries; Author's analysis of Herzog's filmmaking style.
- WERNER HERZOG. SWINDLE, ANNA // Paste: Signs of Life in Music, Film & Culture;Mar2010, Issue 61, p43
The article features German motion picture director Werner Herzog.
- FILM AND PHENOMENOLOGY: BEING-IN-THE-WORLD OF HERZOG'S AGUIRRE, WRATH OF GOD. Straskowski, Andréa // Post Script;Summer88, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p14
The article reviews the film "Aguirre, Wrath of God," by film director Werner Herzog.
- Werner Herzog. Ebert, Roger // Time International (Atlantic Edition);5/11/2009, Vol. 173 Issue 19, p49
The article presents a profile of film maker Werner Herzog by film critic Roger Ebert. Herzog is know for both his documentary films and fictional motion pictures. Herzog has said his fictional films are documentaries and his documentaries are fiction. Several of his films have influenced other...