- THREE QUICK TIPS TO FILM AND EDIT BETTER. HOLLAND, JON // Transworld Skateboarding;May2012, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p058
The article offers tips to improve filming and editing which include filming everything, thinking of edits while filming, and editing in silence.
- NOTEBOOK. Rhys, Tim // MovieMaker;Spring2005, Vol. 12 Issue 58, p6
Introduces a series of articles about making movies, including the secrets of movie editing of editor Bonnie Koehler.
- The Movies and Reality. Woolf, Virginia // New Republic;8/4/26, Vol. 47 Issue 609, p308
Focuses on the art of cinema. Suggestion that filmmakers seem dissatisfied with the sources of interest and they want to be improving, altering and making an art of their own; Lack of new symbols for expressing thought in films; Difference of filmmaking from writing a novel.
- SMPTE Time and Edit Code and its Application to Motion Picture Production. Strong, Michael // BKSTS Journal;Aug1983, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p452
The article focuses on the time and edit code of the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers and its application to motion picture production in Great Britain. The time code technology is very important to the television industry. The networks use time code for rescheduling their...
- Ways of Seeing. // Screen Education;Winter2011, Issue 62, p112
An interview with Australian film editor Kate Hickey is presented. She discusses film editing and features her romantic comedy film "Whip It." She tackles the concept of film directing. She also mentions her desire to enter her documentary film "Roller Dreams" to the International Documentary...
- Differences and Displacement in Seventh Heaven. Rosen, Philip // Screen;Summer77, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p89
The article discusses the relationship between dominant codes and dominant ideology in relation to Frank Borzage's film "Seventh Heaven." A film can perfectly belong within the paradigm and not be accountable in terms of dominant codes, and others. In the film "Seventh Heaven," the classical...
- WHAT'S UP, DOC? Burcksen, Edgar // CinemaEditor;2011 1st Quarter, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p19
The article presents various aspects of editing in cinematography in the U.S. It notes the film doctor and the script doctor as the instances in filmmaking in which an ailing project necessitates a fix. Good script editing makes the job of an editor easier. It points out that editorial teams in...
- CH CH CH CH CHANGES. SARGENT, STEFAN // Digital Video;May2013, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p82
The article discusses the changes in making films. It mentions that in old days, when a film is completed and received approval from the client, it directly went to the laboratory without changes. It notes that if changes have to be made to the film, the process becomes a week of expensive...
- Grist to the Milne. // Onfilm;Oct2003, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p21
The article presents an interview with New Zealand-based drama editor Allanah Milne. She relates her reason for working in the motion picture industry. She shares her views on the role of the editor in the production process. She provides advice to others who want to be an editor.