THE BAY METHOD
- Mass observation. Lawrenson, Edward // Sight & Sound;Apr2006, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p88
The article reviews the motion pictures featured in a programme called Free Cinema in Great Britain in 2006.
- THE ISLAND. Raftery, Brian // Interview;Aug2005, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p82
Covers information about the motion picture "The Island," directed by Michael Bay. Cast; Plot of the film.
- Design on screen is a real treat, so let's have more of it. Relph-Knight, Lynda // Design Week;4/23/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p6
In this article the author discusses designs on films. She mentions that design on film has remained a special interest, undiscovered by many cinema attendees. She notes that cinema is a great medium for messages, in which people are informed by what is seen on the big screen. She adds that...
- The Cultural Status of Early Austrian Cinema and Film. Riemer, Willy // Modern Austrian Literature;2004, Vol. 37 Issue 3/4, p1
This article focuses on the cultural status of early Austrian film and cinema. On 28 December 1895, at the Grand CafÃ© on the Boulevard des Capucines in Paris, the cinematograph was exhibited for the first time to a paying audience. Recognizing the profitability of the new medium,...
- GUY MADDIN'S THE BRAND UPON THE BRAIN. // Border Crossings;Nov2005, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p56
The article presents the author's views on filming an autobiography of his house. It provides a historical background and a description of the house. His views about the autobiography as a challenge to himself to get inside the house in ways that documentaries can't are presented. The ways which...
- ELIZABETHTOWN. // New Yorker;10/24/2005, Vol. 81 Issue 33, p24
Reviews the motion picture "Elizabethtown."
- THE MOVIE HOUSES. // New Yorker;4/18/1970, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p22
The article presents a list of new motion pictures shown at different movie houses in New York.
- Heroin as hero: the 'heroin chic' film in European cinema (1995--2000). Brumm, Anne-Marie // Studies in European Cinema;2005, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p65
The `heroin chic' film is one that glamorizes or romanticizes the use of drugs. It portrays attractive, usually middle-class young adults partying and see king a heightened sense of experience. This fun' state of being is to be attained and intensified by taking various drugs. This is what the...
- THE ISLAND WARNER HOME VIDEO. Mathieson, Craig // Bulletin with Newsweek;11/29/2005, Vol. 123 Issue 6498, p94
Reviews the motion picture "The Island."